Broke bleeder screw socket, please advise

Hi, i was tightening my bleeder screw and it broke out of the socket it was in, there is very little thread hole left going into the engine, and i cant get the bleeder screw in. Is it possible for me to get a 10mm nut and just put it in there, the only reason the bleeder screw wont fit is cuz it has the bleed part on the end that isnt threaded. though i dont know if it will hold.

What did i actually break, i dont even know what to ask for if i order one.

this sucks cuz i bled the system and was prob all taken care of

F my life haha

Please advise because i need a car to get to and from work

im guessing this is the bleeder for the coolant on the pass front side of the head?

i dont know off hand what that part is called but i would think it would be easiest to get one from a junk yard or if you can find out what exactly its called just replace it

would a regular bolt suffice for now and i can just bleed through the top of the rad? its too late right now to hit a junkyard

i would think so as long as it’ll thread in clean and you dont get any threads or shavings into the system. and i would suggest some teflon tape etc to seal the threads

oh yea teflon tape, i got it, good idea

Wrap some duct tape around it for now to keep shit out of it. Get a couple jugs of water and stick them in the back of your car. Just keep her topped off every time you park somewhere until you get a chance to visit a yard. Seriously. Don’t put some foreign object into your motor, that’s like rape. Use something that is designed to fit those threads. And I wouldn’t use tape in the thread either, maybe it’s just me but the off chance that a piece will tear off and end up floating through my coolant is enough to convince me that it isn’t a good idea.

i know what you’re saying with the tape but if its wrapped right there wont be any extra tape to tear off into the system and its just a temp fix to get him by until he can get to the yard and not lose any more coolant or risk getting low and over heating

bleeding through the radiator is not nearly as good… you will have to bleed for a VERY long time to get the air out…

well i got a bolt and it fits, it has enough to thread to to get it tight, but it takes very little turn. i think the tape could be a good idea, but im gonna test drive it tonight and make sure this thing wont like snap off or get even worse, if anyone knows what that part is called or has an extra in the south jersey area that’d be awesome cuz i dont know to many junk yards around my parts, especially ones that will have a DA

called a “water outlet” according to the Haynes manual

thanks,

so i dont have any teflon tape but the bolt fits, and now im only getting a slight trickle, is there anything that subs for teflon tape AND should i just make it tighter?

if the small trickle wont be so bad thats fine by me as long as i can get to and from work.

has anyone had this problem before?

when i googled this part it only came up for 92-98 ish. is there something im missing?

thats out of my haynes for my 90-93 integra probably the same part. dont go tighter, thats when things break, strip out. that outlet is only aluminum so be cautious. if anything a small bit of silicon on the threads of the bolt and then thread it SNUG ONLY. of course make sure its bled out or burbed very well or it will have bubbles and over heat, etc.
:bigread:
AND I WILL ADD THIS RECOMMENDATION IS ONLY A TEMP FIX PLEASE DONT YELL AT ME LATER BECAUSE IT FAILED, BECAUSE IT WASNT REPLACED AND FIXED :up: :smiley: good luck

The bleeder was probably a tapered thread… That’s what makes it get tight without bottoming out. If I was you, I would go to my nearest hardware store with that bolt, and see if I could find some sort of plug that has a tapered thread. If I couldn’t find that, I would at least get some teflon tape, and put about 5 or 6 rounds on the bolt. When putting the teflon tape on, make sure you wrap it clockwise while looking at the end of the bolt with the threads. That might hold it til you can get a replacement part, but watch it carefully.

oh its def snug and still ‘‘bleeding’’ im just gonna try and get a new piece.

upon closer inspection the only difference seems to be that the ones im looking at dont have bleeder screws, and they seem to be cheap SO the hardest part will be tracking one of these down tommorow. hopefully SOMEONE carries it

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Water-Outlet-Factory-Air_20891405-P_398_R|GRPCOOLAMS_524484004___

that was after seeing that a 1991 item for that category was unapplicable.
is this the piece im looking for? i dont see the other stem for the smaller hose?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA-INTEGRA-1990-2001-WATER-OUTLET-GENUINE-OEM-OE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem3ef794a75aQQitemZ270441686874QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#shId

and then i see that one. i dont know what I’m supposed to buy.

Ordered from an acura dealer in my area, cost 28$. Prob would have been 15 on ebay but this will be in tommorow.

the guy on the phone said that they’re aluminum and are known to be fragile after so much time. I still feel like a moron though.

but it will have the bleeder screw like the first one:rockon:

Nice. Can’t go wrong with OEM :up:

agreed good deal. glad your getting it fixed right :up:

so i get the part and it does not have the bleeder screw? i guess like the MFR they started making them differently after a while? I wasnt gonna take it back because i need it and it worked fine. i dont wanna say its smaller, but more leaner than the other one. But whatever lol

so if you order one from a dealer dont be surprised if its not the EXACT same piece