hydro or cable

how do you tell the difference between the 2 and how do you find out which one you have…

i have a 91 ls…

which is that?

ALL 90-93 are cable.

cool thanks…

is a hydro better?

You can also tell if you have a hydro trans if you have an extra reservoir next to your master cylinder. As far as what is better, I guess you could say it is really a matter of preference. Most of the posts that I have read on this forum say that cable is better. I personally like cable.

well i only have experience with cable i guess…

the only manual cars ive driven is my da an 86 mr-2 and a 94 accord

does it feel any different? i would think that it would be smoother probably…

^a 94 cd accord would be hydro buddy

from what ive experienced, a hydro is smoother and less pedal effort then a cable. but you get more feel for whats going on with the clutch with a cable cause its more of a direct link.

i guess it could be compared to driving a car with power steering and then a car with a P/S rack but the pump not installed. (i.e. powersteering delete)

i agree, alot less pedal effort…ive been a cb7 driver for the past 5 years and after i got my da i felt like i was drivin a damn semi truck…hydro clutch to cable and cable shift linkages to bar type…craziness

i do however like the cable clutch now…a better feel more control it seems…although i miss the cable shifter lol

and no more clutch fluid leaks or replacin master cylinders or slaves yay!

[QUOTE=DA_all_day;2069979]well i only have experience with cable i guess…

the only manual cars ive driven is my da an 86 mr-2 and a 94 accord[/QUOTE]

MR2 and Accord are hydro transmissions / I prefer Hydro (smoother gear change)

86 mr2 is hydro? wow… i guess it does feel a little smoother than my da…

i kno its waaaaaayyyy more comfortable to drive… the drivers seat is just so comfortable the way everything is…

like how the shifter is level with you arm…