X

hydro or cable

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydro or cable

how do you tell the difference between the 2 and how do you find out which one you have...

i have a 91 ls...

which is that?

ALL 90-93 are cable.

Comment

cool thanks....

is a hydro better?

Comment

You can also tell if you have a hydro trans if you have an extra reservoir next to your master cylinder. As far as what is better, I guess you could say it is really a matter of preference. Most of the posts that I have read on this forum say that cable is better. I personally like cable.

Comment

well i only have experience with cable i guess...

the only manual cars ive driven is my da an 86 mr-2 and a 94 accord

does it feel any different? i would think that it would be smoother probably...

Comment

^a 94 cd accord would be hydro buddy

Comment

from what ive experienced, a hydro is smoother and less pedal effort then a cable. but you get more feel for whats going on with the clutch with a cable cause its more of a direct link.

i guess it could be compared to driving a car with power steering and then a car with a P/S rack but the pump not installed. (i.e. powersteering delete)

Comment

i agree, alot less pedal effort....ive been a cb7 driver for the past 5 years and after i got my da i felt like i was drivin a damn semi truck....hydro clutch to cable and cable shift linkages to bar type....craziness

i do however like the cable clutch now...a better feel more control it seems...although i miss the cable shifter lol

and no more clutch fluid leaks or replacin master cylinders or slaves yay!

Comment

Originally posted by DA_all_day View Post
                  well i only have experience with cable i guess...

the only manual cars ive driven is my da an 86 mr-2 and a 94 accord
                  MR2 and Accord are hydro transmissions / I prefer Hydro (smoother gear change)

Comment

Originally posted by Makelo View Post
                    MR2 and Accord are hydro transmissions / I prefer Hydro (smoother gear change)
                    86 mr2 is hydro? wow.. i guess it does feel a little smoother than my da...

i kno its waaaaaayyyy more comfortable to drive... the drivers seat is just so comfortable the way everything is...

like how the shifter is level with you arm...

Comment

Working...
                    X