half shaft question

will any 5spd halfshaft/intermediate shaft work for any year

i.e. a shaft for a 95 work in a 90 or a shaft for a YS1 work with a J1 or S1 etc?

no, DC half shafts is male for the driver side axle…

DA is female…

not only that but the seal on the transmission for the half shaft is different.

thank you good to know, saves me from almost buying the wrong one haha.

so i guess then IF i used (if i can) a DC halfshaft i would have to get DC axles but…will DC axles work on a DA? or should i just find a DA halfshaft?

[QUOTE=integranewbie;2069772]thank you good to know, saves me from almost buying the wrong one haha.

so i guess then IF i used (if i can) a DC halfshaft i would have to get DC axles but…will DC axles work on a DA? or should i just find a DA halfshaft?[/QUOTE]

90-93 and 94+ b series intermediate shafts are different. The intermediate shaft must match the driver side axle.

So, if you want to use a DC intermediate shaft, you need a DC driver side axle. The passenger side axle is the same for both.

Help

so im using a b20 halfshaft in my 91. after i replaced my axles and halfshaft the oil in my tranny started leaking. you said that the seals are different from the half shaft, is there any way to make it stop leaking, possibly b20 seals or what?

I haven’t had personal experience w/ the seals… check the part numbers and see if they differ for the different years. You may need the seal on the intermediate shaft to match the seal on the trans.

I need a drivers side axle since mine started vibrating. Can anyone confirm that I can use the 94+ driver side axle/halfshaft without replacing the seals?

im running 94 integra axles on my car, the pass side is the same… all i did was buy the seal for a 94+ integra or 99+ civic si oil seal(40X62X8)

Thanks 924dr. I couldn’t find anything by running that number in the dealership site. I ended up finding it by just searching MT housing. The part # for both the 93 and the 94 oil seals were both the same, 91205-PC9-711.

So they should work fine without new seals. They’re cheap enough though that I’ll probably order one anyway.

the part number you have is for the pass side which is the same , the one your looking for is

91205-PL3-A01 OIL SEAL (35X56X8) (ARAI) 001 1994 INTEGRA

You’re right. I was looking at the wrong housing… Just to clarify so the info on this thread is correct,

On the drivers side,
The part number for 94+ is 91205-PL3-A01
The part number for 92-93 is 91205-PL3-B01

The passenger side is the same for all years
91205-PC9-711