its dying

so i live in dallas its been raining non stop here started my car up yesterday and ran just normal got to the en of the block and stopped at a stop sign and suddenly the idle dropped just above 0 it was awful the car sounded like a crappy truck i drove afraid the car was going to die and it sounded like a cross between a suburu and a harley like shit, it had no power stuttered before shifting (its an auto), and when i gave it a bit more gas it was going between 3k and 4k and just sayed in between bouncing at 3500 like there was a rev limiter there wouldnt go past. so i pulled into a gas station and my intake filter was wet so i ran it on the trotttle body made it home and let it sit took my filter in and dried it went out this morning put it on drove and it ran better the suburu sound was gone it still idles just above 0 and wont go above 3500 any ideas? o the idle come up a bit when parked but has this stuttering noise at 1k… and white smoke not alot its chilly here now but not cold is it just steam? the cars running rich too…

the mods include
-intake
-header
-axel back exhaust

recent changes
-seafoamed but was a while back ran amazingly better no problems
-oil change after the seafoam

so please help me im puzzeled…
the last time stuff like this happened i went thru a small pudddle and the suburu noise came on took it to a mechanic and ended up being my ignition coil? had it replaced he also said the inside of my §§§§§ cap was melted like he had never seen

:sad:

more…

forgot to say i unfortunantly found out my floor boards leak? there was like a lake on my passenger side? literally floating a warerbottle with ease maybe a inch and a half too two of water sloshing around? anyone know where this would come from or if this could cause the problem as the ecu is on that side?

Your ECU got wet… It’s probably running in limp mode. Happened to me once, I ended up taking the ecu inside and opening it up to let it dry out. IF you have a fan, put the ecu in front of it, and let it dry some of the moisture out. You need to dry out the floorboard too, and fix the leak or it will happen again.

thanks

hopefully this is it iv got it in my room in front of a fan is it ok to use canned air to clean keyboards and stuff when i go to put it in tommorrow?

thanks alot

also

are there any areas i should look first for the leak ? are there any notorious spots?

yes this is a well known problem in many g2s just type in passenger floor leak on the search function there is a huge thread and many small ones too on this problem its a very simple fix and good luck.

ah thanks

omg your my saviour i was getting so frustrated with this car i love it but getting on the edge lately erg just need to know im not alone would truck bed liner on the floor fix the leaks?

I guess you could use canned air, but really shouldn’t have to. Just make sure to take the cover off both sides and make sure it’s getting plenty of airflow around it. As far as fixing the leaks, I would probably use clear silicone caulk or something similar to fix the leaks. Just remember if you do that silicone won’t adhere to wet or dirty areas, so it will need to be nice and dry as well as clean.

thanks! i hope this is the problem there was just a littlle moisture in there and the pllug in spots were wet ish is that really enough?

More than enough.

hmmm

ok well god i hope this works i need to make it to class tommorrow and im scared to drive it like it is

Did this end up working for you?