Cometic gasket question

just wondering and want some verification…i’ve been told the Cometic head gaskets can be reused is this so? thanks

:bump:

How much did you use it? The only one I ever reused I accidently put in upside down. If you ran it though i’d get a new one.

i havent used it yet i bought it cause i was told it could be reused, cause i need a new head now, but am going to rebuild the entire motor in a couple months.

so it’ll be used for a couple months then taken apart and hope to reuse it then. motor is all stock so no excessive pressure or useage

If your gonna rebuild your head, what’s an extra 50$? Don’t skimp on the gasket.

i meant i havent opened the motor yet and the head needs to be replaced right away. so i bought new head and cometic gasket going to install them both together.
around December i will be rebuilding the bottom end then and will need to of course seperate it all. will i be able to reuse the Cometic in December?

Thats why i bought a Cometic this time cause i was told they can be reused. I would just hate to waste a $90 great quality head gasket. If it absolutely cant be reused after that short time, maybe i’ll just save it for December and buy a cheapo ebay gasket for 35-40 for now and throw that one to waste.

I would go with your latter option. People may have had success in re-using a gasket but there is no getting around the fact that gaskets and seals for the most part are designed to be a one time use part for a reason. Definitely get a cheap gasket for the next couple months and save the Cometic for your rebuild. I don’t think it’s worth chancing it on a newly rebuilt motor.

makes sense. i guess i can pick one up from ebay for like 25 shipped. will be reassuring knowing everything is new and should have nothing go wrong.

better to ask somewhere and get more opinions :rockon: