which pump is best?

I am going to have to replace my fuel pump because when it’s hott or whenever it wants to it decides not to prime and my car wont start…
Should I go with stock? what brand? 155? 255? any differences it makes?

Sounds like a problem with your Main Fuel Relay (MFR) not your fuel pump. :search:

bingo… Just as a general rule FUEL PUMPS DON"T TYPICALLY GO OUT ON HONDA’S. In the 2 and a half years I have worled at a Honda dealership, we have replaced NO FUEL PUMPS. My buddy worked at Acura for 4 years and they replaced 1. It usually doesnt happen. I would change the MFR first. Whenever its hot and you MFR is old the electrodes inside get farther apart because metal expands when its hot. If they can’t make contact then they can’t send power to the fuel pump which in turn won’t start your car. MFR my good sir.

Strangely enough, I think mine is on it’s way out.

I already took the MFR out and re-furbished it by re-soldering all the contacts. But sometimes after the car sits for a few days, the fuel pump doesn’t want to come on. After a few tries, I will hear a high pitched squeal from the pump. It starts low and gets louder, then all of a sudden, the pump kicks on and works fine.

hahaha i agree with Mr.Colin. My friend didn’t want to take my advice when his 90 accord didnt want to turn on so…they charged him about $400 to “replace the fuel pump” and “clean his injection system” :rofl: what a fkn moron.