PR4 5spd vs PR4 auto (OBD0)

is there a difference and if so what is it or are they?

im just wondering as i thought the PR4 was a 5spd only ECU

A auto pr4 ecu will give you a cel code 12 which is a EGR and the 5spds don’t have an EGR. I have a auto in mine right now(I’m 5 spd), it came in the car and I have a cel code 12 due to it.

i have the same engine code. mine is a 5 spd. is there any way to make the engine code not there anymore besides changing the ecu? i get tired of my engine light being on all the time.(and no i dont want to take the bulb out).

Not that I know of ! I would never suggest taking the bulb out, I’m into having a car that runs right and lets me know when I have a problem.

Does anyone know if this cel will come up with a M/T Ecu ? I don’t think so but you never know.

The manual ecu doesn’t look for egr, so switching to one will get rid of the cel

so on this EGR note…why not just leave the EGR system as it is when swapping to a manual? really the trans is mainly controlled by its own ECU so there shouldnt be many issues leaving it as the main ECU doesnt have much to do with the trans

bump

one of my DA’s had an egr valve and auto ecu.but the car was 5 speed.and it wasn’t converted to 5 speed either.i guess someone changed the head or something.i had no CEL tho.ran fine.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18492&p=115743&hilit=pr4+auto+manual#p115743

everything you could ever want to know is here.

you dont have to register to search there either.

damn thats awesome thanks.
so not sure if you know…but if remove those 2 and just do the jumper wire it makes it a manual ECU basically right?

and im assuming that is for OBD0 also? that thread showed OBD1 so just making sure

yes i beleive so. that says for obd1 so not sure about obd0

i also read that if you save those little guys you take off you can convert a non-vtec into vtec ecu

well i signed to that site and asked them and they said OBD0 is different from that picture but they directed me to how to run a jumper wire on the main pinout A2 to A8 i believe it was, and that was to get rid of the auto lockup solenoid. so asking about how to get rid of EGR now and see if there are any other differences to change then i’ll decide whether to find a manual ECU of convert 1 of the 2 i have