90 Teg, Clutch changed - Won't disengage (searched)

Hello fellow teg owners/modifiers, long time reader, first time poster.

The car is currently jacked up and on front stands, with the front wheels off.

My integra had the clutch go out, so i bought a NKK clutch kit consisting of the part numbers NW-9245 for the disc and NDS-347 for the pressure plate (Are these the right part #s??). I confirmed these parts with the seller, but felt a little concerned as I’ve never had a problem like this before. When bolting down the pressure plate i noticed the pressure fingers(what the release bearing pushes on) were moving inwards (ie being depressed) as I bolted it further and further down. (Is this the problem? If so, how so and how to fix it?)

Upon changing the clutch out and reassembling it, the clutch pedal has no tension (yes, i tried different adjustments of the cable/retaining nuts), the clutch release lever has no tension until about 25% from fully engaged. And with out pressing the clutch pedal or lever, the car can be shifted in/out of gear, and the wheels start to spin. Its like the clutch is partially engaged all the time.

Just one concern to address first, the correct mounting of the clutch disc. I assume from pictures and descriptions I read that the clutch disc is mounted with the extruding side facing the tranny… Ie, the plate mounts to the fly wheel with the disc extrusion pointing AWAY from the fly wheel. Correct??

So, any thoughts?

Did you get the correct clutch for the right transmission? I have the NKK clutch and had it for about 3 years and absolutely NO problems. So, give me information on your transmission then we’ll go from there.

I knew this would happen, and i’m glad i guess.

I went out there and messed with it for a couple hours, looks like the NKK just doesn’t engage till WAY later, maybe my old clutch was super shot or super old.

Looks like its working properly, I just need to road test it tomorrow. Problem solved via adjusting clutch cable adjustment nuts WAY DOWN.

Post this one up to not finishing the job and testing it on the road before asking on the forums. I’m just so worried to mess it up, it was such a pain to change the clutch.

Thanks everyone who makes forums like this possible. I’ve been a Honda/Acura owner since I was 14, been modding them since with the help of all the helpful owners out there… Keep up the good work! :owned: