Crazy crank pulley issue, need you input

Alright 91 integra all stock. I noticed a weird sound yesturday when my girl pulled out the drive way, after checking every thing out i realised the crank pulley is pushed up right against the timing belt cover and the alt. belt is rubbing a hole in the timing belt cover.
Now i know the crank pulley should not be this close, i took a flat head and the crank pulley just kinda rocks in an out, i jacked up the car to see if the crank pulley was at all loose and its not.

I also noticed when I turn the crank and engine around with a ratchet the pulley falls back to it normal position, then when i start the car it runs right back into the timing belt cover.

I really need to know how and what it would take to fix this, or even if it is fixable she starts school in 3 days.

I suggest removing the crank pulley. (Don’t loose the machine key!)

Remove your timing belt cover too and investigate a little further. You say the pulley bolt is not loose, maybe the timing cover bolts are.

You say when you turn the crank pulley bolt with a ratchet it’s all normal, but when you start the car it rubs? Weird… :shrug: I’d have to see it to really understand what’s going on… got pix?

:gotpics: and try to describe it better.

You need to take the cover off, get down in there and get a better look. It could be several things.

Alright ill try an get some pices up in the AM.

better describtion- The cranks pulley is snuged right up to the timing belt cover, causing the inside ridge of the pulley and alt. belt to start an rub through the timing belt cover, But if i take a ratchet and turn the pulley by the bolt, after one, maybe two compression strokes and then look back down on the pulley from above, it will be in its prober position.

But then when i start the car, and turn it right back off, the pulley runs right back up to the timing belt cover.

im kinda quessing it would be a thrust bearing or something (time to finish that B16 build) but this is my only car right now and can’t really afford any down time at the moment.
Thanks for the help so far but i will post pics asap… thanx