X

New motor in now car is acting weird

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New motor in now car is acting weird

Ok so here's the deal just installed a new motor and I' plugged all the. Sensors in . As soon as i put my battery termals on the dashlights all go on and wen I put on my blinker it makes a weird noise and my temp gauge goes up fast . So I unplugged basically every sensor and ecu.and still does the same thing .. Anything like this ever happen to anyone?

If you turn your hazards on does your temp gauge go up with every click? Turn your highbeams on. Do the directionals light up also, dimly? If so you may need a new cluster. I had these problems and searched everywhere under for open wires. Suspected the combination swtich but something made me want to check the cluster. Turned out a circuit on the back shorted out somehow.

Comment

i did see smoke for an instant come from the cluster ...well it appeared to be smoking ..so it cant be a short? doesnt seem to be the cluster.. i dont want to keep the termials on but should i wats the worse that can happen

Comment

lol i saw the same thing, just a little smoke. Yeah check your cluster circuiting its burnt somewhere. EDIT: Circuiting as in the back of the cluster.
        Last edited by TegFan; 23 Aug 2009, 00:54:52.

Comment

would it be safe to start the car ...i dont wna burn this thing lol

Comment

can i still start up the car??anyone with more info

Comment

put your water pump ground on.

Comment

waterpump ground?

Comment

Working...
                X