S**T stripped threads for oil pressure sender

DAMMET!!! I just got my fully built block back and just noticed this when i went to screw in the sending unit.
how should i go about fixing this?? runnin new thread just means everything has to be a bigger size and those parts will be a bitch to locate. A couple people just said run so jb weld and teflon tape and i should be fine

its not completely stripped and destroyed it will tighten up but not very…WHAT SHOULD I DO!! HALP

Does it thread in straight? If it does, then you can probably get away with just using teflon tape. I’m a med-gas plumber by trade, so I work with threads and pressurized gas and liquids every day. Teflon tape takes care of quite a bit of imperfections in threads. I think the oil sending unit is a British Pipe Thread as well, which is not a tapered thread, so it won’t tighten up like a Nominal Pipe Thread will. My problem with JB weld is that it’s pretty permanent. You might do something that can’t be undone with it. You can always resort to that later if you have to.

yes it still threads in straight and it gets a little tight but then just keeps going. so yes i could probably get away with teflon tape i just dont want a leak.

you guys think it would hold up?

is the block in a car already? or is it out still out…u could always buy a heli coil and drill it out to much the stock oil pressure fitting

still on the stand, are helocoils hard to use?

no there are not …but if u want to be on the safe side buy the kit and take it to the machine shop they will problaby do it for a few bucks

I had a b16 block that I over tightened that and broke a part of the threads off the block! I brought it down to a welding shop they welded the hole shut.
I was already using a golden eagle oil sandwhich plate so I just used one of the other free ports and hooked that to an oil pressure gauge. The gauge is way more accurate and you always know the pressure. It was under 40$ for the welding.
Just throwing out an option.

If your going to drill it out just make sure you get the block tanked and cleaned out again. The last thing you want is metal shavings in the oil galley.

I would try the teflon tape before drilling it out.