fuel pump problem..

last night when i primed my car before starting, the fuel pump made a very loud vibration noise. (not the usual noise, this was a totally different sound). For the past few weeks my car has been starting then cutting out right away, but will eventually stay on after a few tries. i thought it was the main relay, but i changed it out and nothing changed. Now the fuel pump wont turn on when i try to prime. Anyone have some ideas on why my fuel pump wont turn on? is there a fuse for the fuel pump?

thanks

how old is the fuel pump

its about 5 months old

you could check the resistance at the plugs to the fuel pump if you search it you can find the correct numbers for it. and have you also done the mfr check by waiting for the three clicks.you can find out how to do this by searching it but you could also look at this http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195561&highlight=fuel+system+check also check to make sure your building pressure in the fuel system you can do this by simply opening the gas tank after it starts then shut it off and open the gas tank you should here like a wisp of air from it. HOPE THIS HELPS