Fresh Rebuilt Motor Runs Like Crap!

So just put a new shortblock in my car it’s a fresh rebuilt motor (b16) and it’s still idling like my last motor (rings were shot), injector number 2 doesn’t seem to be firing or i’m starting to think my wiring harness that runs into my injector harness is screwed up somewhere. On my last motor cylinder number 2 had 30psi of compression, I am gonna do a compression test today to hopefully rule out “low compression”. the car just runs very rough and sounds like a subie, I disconnected each injector clip one by one and the car shuts off if I disconnect injector 1,3,4. but if I disconnect injector 2 car stays running and nothing changes, I swapped out the number 2 injector and still no difference. I checked that cylinder for spark and it has spark, I put a few drops of oil in cylinder number 2 and the car still ran the same, so until I get a compression tester i’m guessing the compression is good. the only thing I didn’t get checked when I did the rebuild was the head. do you think a bent valve could cause this? Even so I think it’s more of a fuel problem than anything.

check if you have current on your #2 injector. if you do swap your #2 injector with 1,3,4 and check if the problem changes cylinder.

This might be a longshot, but make sure you have the firing order correct on your distributor. Should be 1-3-4-2. #1 will be about 7 o’clock on the distributor if looking at it from the cap side.

compression test came out 190psi cylinder 1 100psi cylinder 2 190psi cylinder 3 190psi cylinder 4.
took the head back off and to the machine shop to get pressure tested, no valves are bent, but the guy said both exhaust valves on cylinder 2 were leaking a little bit, so I guess that is my problem. because I pulled the piston out of cylinder 2 and the rings are fine and the cylinder walls are perfect, so would having slightly leaking valves cause a 90psi loss in pressure?

its not unlikely anything can happen.