o2 sensor help!

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 sensor help!

First off... BLARGH... lol

I bought a o2 sensor from ebay, supposed to be direct fit to my oem harness etc... page said it was for 92-93 integra 1.8 gs rs ls etc...

fast forward 2 weeks

I get the sensor its a 4 wire... kinda annoying... well.. really annoying...

the company said send it back for a replacment and they'll ship a new one.. only thing is I gotta pay shipping both ways.... and they wont ship anything other than ups... so in order for me to get a replacment I gotta pay 40 bucks shipping USD, thats almost 50 bucks CAD, a new one here is 56 bucks... (for multiple reasons I was under the influence that my b18 was 4 wire)....

My question is...

is there a way to use my 4 wire sensor on my car? lol... I am very experienced with soldering/splicing etc... just wanna see if there is a difference between these lol... I know theres a heater in it or something and the grounding is through another wire... but i don't wanna splice this thing then be SOL cause I ruined the warrenty = (

anyone with this experience?

What year make and model is your car?
    I was under the impression that 92-93 WAS
    a 4 wire sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by AllmansTEG View Post
      What year make and model is your car?
      I was under the impression that 92-93 WAS
      a 4 wire sensor.

so was I 92 gs....

Comment

92 /93 is a 4 wire an it is obd1 ........90/91 is a one wire an it is obdo ........hope that helps you...........you sure you have a 92 ? maybe it a late model 91......just my .002

Comment

S a 91 the guy I bought it from told me it was a 92... I suppose it's my fault for trusting a guy that was a family friend lol, oh well, funny thing is my vin says I'm supposed to have leather seats! Lol, so, back to my question can I use this o2 sensor by splicing or anything?

Comment

if it is a late 91 model then no the 4 wire sensor won't work just send it back for a refund and grab a one wire sensor at Napa for like 15-20 bucks

Comment

I sent it back today, meh... I think he's just gonna send me a single wire... that or he's gonna refund me and I gotta go pick one up. one wire ones here are like 50

Comment

mine was 45 and its a bosch.

Comment

Working...
                X