Another starting issue. I HAVE SEARCHED MY ASS OFF.

'93 ls. Distributor is new. MFR is new. Starter is new. Starter works when you jump it. Grounds are good. Fuel pump works.

If you drive the car a long period of time, park and try to restart, nothing. When it does start it drives and idles fine. Somone gave me the idea of the shifter mechanism, so I let the car sit in the driveway for 30mins. Reversed out and back in again. Turned off and then it wouldnt restart. Coincidence? I unplugged the battery and let it sit for another 30mins and she started back up.

I am about to replace the ignition switch and see what happens. If anyone else had any other ideas that would be great. I have spent hours searching and think I have eliminated a few of the possible causes.

Well I belive I fixed the problem. I installed a new ignition switch and kept the aftermarket alarm uninstalled from it. 2weeks later no problems. Im interested to find out if it was the old ignition switch or the alarm screwing with the car.

You Might want to search info on the main realy or main fuel relay(MFR). Sounds like that its going out

Keep us updated on this. Post updates and let us know if it starts fine now. I’m interested on this. My car has been acting like that as well.

'93 ls. Distributor is new. MFR is new. Starter is new. Starter works when you jump it. Grounds are good. Fuel pump works.

If you drive the car a long period of time, park and try to restart, nothing. When it does start it drives and idles fine. Somone gave me the idea of the shifter mechanism, so I let the car sit in the driveway for 30mins. Reversed out and back in again. Turned off and then it wouldnt restart. Coincidence? I unplugged the battery and let it sit for another 30mins and she started back up.

I am about to replace the ignition switch and see what happens. If anyone else had any other ideas that would be great. I have spent hours searching and think I have eliminated a few of the possible causes.

It was the aftermarket alarm messing with it. Car is golden now.