does the dealer carry distributor shaft seals?

anyone know? mine is leaking :frowning:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1993&catcgry3=3DR+LS&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=DISTRIBUTOR%2B(TEC)%2B(2)&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

P/N 30110-PA1-732 $ 1.87

that’s not it. i am looking for the shaft seal; an oil seal.

That is the only oil seal for the distributer.

that is an o ring. the seal is located in the housing and sits around the shaft. looks like any other oil seal. just smaller.

Gil, what exactly is your problem? I’ve never seen an oil seal like you’re referring to.

The o-ring mentioned above is there to keep oil from leaking out of the head through the hole the distributor slides into. An oil seal on the distributor would be pointless, there’s nothing to seal since that o-ring already does the job.

btw, I still have your battery and termination plug, just call/txt me sometime when you wanna come get that stuff.

can i go right now? i’ll show you! a distributor i picked up just started leaking oil from inside the distributor! i’ve seen them for sale but people want a lot of money for what it is!

The seal inside the distributor is about the size of a dime. U have to take some screws off inside the shaft I think to get to it. Try autopartswarehouse for that seal or the dealer. I think I swapped that seal from a old distributor long time ago and it took care of that leak.

how did you get it out without ripping it?

I’ve been out all night. But yeah, hit me up on my phone and we’ll set up a time to meet.

Here’s the thing you need to think about. There’s no oil inside the distributor. So if you’re leaking oil around the distributor that means the oil is coming from inside the cylinder head. The only thing that prevents oil leaking from the cyl head out by the dist is the distributor o-ring mentioned above. If you have a leak at your dist, that is the problem. There’s no oil IN the dist, so there’s no oil seal that can keep it in there… Sounds like a semantic issue or some sort of confusion. Seriously, feel free to call me and we can talk about the problem, sometimes it’s hard to deal w/ online in only typed words. Or cruise by and I’ll take a look at it for ya…

Open it up and take the coil out first mark everything wires and screws and take it aprt. The shaft is held in by a cople of screws so its real easy. Pull the shaft out the dist and walla seal is going to b in front. Slides off real easy. Make sure u align all the contacts when u put it back together or the car won’t start.

[QUOTE=Colin;2055884]I’ve been out all night. But yeah, hit me up on my phone and we’ll set up a time to meet.

Here’s the thing you need to think about. There’s no oil inside the distributor. So if you’re leaking oil around the distributor that means the oil is coming from inside the cylinder head. The only thing that prevents oil leaking from the cyl head out by the dist is the distributor o-ring mentioned above. If you have a leak at your dist, that is the problem. There’s no oil IN the dist, so there’s no oil seal that can keep it in there… Sounds like a semantic issue or some sort of confusion. Seriously, feel free to call me and we can talk about the problem, sometimes it’s hard to deal w/ online in only typed words. Or cruise by and I’ll take a look at it for ya…[/QUOTE]

there is oil leaking out through the distributor cap from where the cap meets the distributor body. there is oil in there. it is not coming out from around the body. the o ring seems to be doing its job. just think about it this way; the contact point between the distributor shaft and the body needs to be lubricated. as a result, there has to be an oil seal there in order to stop the oil from getting inside the distributor. i’ll show you today if you are around.

well, i tried pulling one out once and i couldn’t get it out without damaging it :frowning:

Hmm, sounds to me like you’re in the market for a new distributor. As far as I know they don’t sell any other parts than are listed on acuraautomotive. And I’m pretty sure the area you’re talking about is not meant to be serviceable, any lube that’s in there is there from the factory and should stay put.

Feel free to give me a call, I have a doctor’s appointment in SD this afternoon and I’m planning on going by to see Nino afterwards, I might not be back till later this evening.

Ok the part u need is W0133-1640599 on autopartswarehouse. Same part I used when my distributor was leaking from the front seal that goes to the camshaft. If that doesn’t work type in 90-93 integra distributor seal on there website and it should work. This saved me a whole new distributor and still going after 2 years.

That Part #W0133-1640599 is the seal that is IN the distributor right? I have a small amount of oil in the bottom of my distributor cap and would like to fix it without buying a new distributor.

I got mine from ACE Hardware store. .67 cents.

The bushing around the shaft INSIDE the distributor for 67 cents @ ACE? Or the o-ring outside the distributor?

The inside one, is the one I replaced.
Say, I might have paid .64 cents - I’m just not sure.
If you need some cash - let me know - I can send you a dollar.

The outside one you can get new with Cap and Rotor.
That’s if you need that one also?
The whole Shaft pulls right out on mine with the Dis.
I Valve job completed out of the whole Saturday about 2 months ago.
I need to get it ready for a meet we are having here in SoCali soon.
I still need to repair distributor wires, and I’ll be done soon.
I have plastic quik ties and still runs, it just needs to look better - yeah know?

Yeah that’s it. I think it might cost a dollar or 2 though.

im trying to fix all of my upper leaks to…i just replaced my cam seal and valve cover gasket and i recently replaced the distributor o-ring twice, which didnt fix the leak ofcourse…and it seems to be leaking out of the cap and my car is sputtering sometimes, so i just ordered another o-ring and that seal :slight_smile: hope this fixes the leak!!! guess ill be takin my distributor apart… I wouldve had no idea that there was a seal on the inside, if I didnt see this thread…but it makes sense now
-thanks