ABS light on and car cutting out in 5th gear

Recently my ABS light comes on more and more often (but not always) and my car keeps cutting out in 5th gear almost always. But I’m noticing that now it’s cutting out in 2nd ,3rd ,and 4th too. I’m noticing the cutting out these last few days and the ABS light has been on whenever the cutting out has been really noticeable and frustrating. My car is a 91 5-speed, can someone help point me in the right direction please?

What do you mean by cutting out?

pull the abs backup fuse and see if the car stops cutting out.

What do you mean by cutting out?

It loses power in a puttering fashion at the end of each gear as the RPM’s are letting me know to its time to shift. It’s like it wants to shift and accelerate normally but something makes it hesitate 2 or 3 times in 2nd ,3rd, sometimes 4th and usually 5th. I checked my ABS code LED and it’s coming up Code 1, w/ 3 flashes w/ 1 sec pauses between them.

The two may or may not be related as I just got a new front bumper, and headlight system and the ABS light only began doing this crap after paying $90 to the only mechanic available doing Total/Loss Salvage inspections.A brake and light inspection is required by the DMV. The shop that did my bumper headlights and hood did a decent job and they are not the same as the dipshits who did the inspection for the certificates.

My engines an oil burner due to a compression problem in the head,(or something to that regard). So I have to add oil to my car every so often. Less if I use 10-40.
But the ABS light coming on after 120 seconds is it shutting down due to the ABS pump overrun code, which I dont know where to begin 2 fix…

But the cutting out will drive me to sell this car if it isnt fixxed soon… HHelp! Whats the simplest to hardest things to check?

did you try this yet?

and the overrun code is usually due to an o ring seal that is cracked and leaks. the way to fix it is to buy a new one or take it apart and replace the seal.

which backup fuse and where is it located? Under the hood? Front drivers side kick panel? If you could, which number is it?
Thanks in advance.

yes I pulled it and still the ABS light comes on after 120 seconds. Any other thoughts which to check next?