OBD0 Bay plug identification

I need some help guys. Electrical plug identification help. This is for my new project DA shell I’m working on.

Help me ID these OBD0 plugs. I’m not OBD0 savvy and the car came with no engine harness or ABS systems in it. I need to figure which ones are ABS so I can elimidate them. Also seem to be missing some sort of AC sub harness possibly. Also the car WAS an auto originally so point out which ones are auto trans related too if you can.

If anyone could give me a hand and tell me which plugs go to an engine harness, which plugs go to ABS related activities, which plugs go to the AC sub harness (that I’m possibly missing), and which ones are auto tranny plugs that would be great.

Pic. 1 - Looks like ABS Harness
Pic. 2 - #1 & 2 Distributor

SHOULD HAVE MARKED THEM!!!:rockon:

It’s been awhile since I’ve messed w/ OBD0 wiring, but I’ll try to identify some of them. Hopefully someone else can come in and finish off the list.

Pic 1:

• All are abs related connectors

Pic 2:
1 - Engine harness
2 - Not Sure, possibly Auto trans related? I know my OBD0 engine harness does not have a plug for that, I just checked on the engine we pulled recently.
3 - Engine Harness

Pic 3:
1 - Radiator Fan (I think this is the a/c condenser fan one)
2 - ABS
3 - Not sure, I recently cut this off of my harness since it isn’t being used. Could be a/c fan relay related?
4 - Not sure, I recently cut this off of my harness since it isn’t being used. Could be a/c fan relay related?
5 - Radiator Fan (I think this is the standard non a/c one)

Pic 4:
1 - ABS
2 - Engine harness

I would suggest going through your Helms manual and checking wire colors for various systems you think might use those connectors. It should be pretty enlightening.

Well I would have but I bought the car as a shell. This is how it came. I didn’t take it apart unfortunately.

I’m very much a G3 guy and can identify all OBD1/2 plugs in the bay. This is the first OBD0 I’ve worked with.

[QUOTE=Colin;2054150]It’s been awhile since I’ve messed w/ OBD0 wiring, but I’ll try to identify some of them. Hopefully someone else can come in and finish off the list.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Colin. Very helpful pointing me in the right direction.

The car is going to be wire tucked and fully re-loomed so I’m wanting to eliminate those plugs that I wont be needing in the future.

Good luck w/ the project. I’m almost finished w/ my engine bay wiring. I just did a very mild engine harness tuck and headlight harness tuck along w/ re-wrapping all wiring in the bay. I didn’t like the idea of a full tuck. I don’t like the fuse box being inaccessible or having the wires on the other side of the frame rail (in case of an accident). My goal was to keep the wiring as stock looking and functioning as possible and clean it up at the same time. If I did it right it’ll look clean but no one will know why it looks that way :slight_smile: