clutch cable question

ok anyone ever have a problem with their clutch cable …for example hard to put in gear …the past couple of days ive been driving my car and for some reason its a bitch to get into all gears when im stopped so i put more fluid in the tranny still nothing then i was messing around with my clutch cable and i start up the car in first gear and the car starts to drive off lol …i can see that the threads are all messed up …how long should it take to replace it? wen i get on the floor behind the pedal is there something in particular i have to do , or do i just unhook the cable …thanks in advance

Have you adjusted the cable? That would be the first place to start.

Breaking a cable is not uncommon, especially w/ our cars getting older. It’s happened to 2 of the 4 DA’s I’ve owned. And it’s not going to happen to the other two because I changed the cable preemptively.

First time you change it it might be a little tricky, but once you figure it out it’s pretty basic. Remove the cable from the trans first to give yourself plenty of slack at the pedal. Reach up there and unhook the cable end. Then pull it from the firewall. Installation is the reverse.

[QUOTE=Colin;2054065]Have you adjusted the cable? That would be the first place to start.

Breaking a cable is not uncommon, especially w/ our cars getting older. It’s happened to 2 of the 4 DA’s I’ve owned. And it’s not going to happen to the other two because I changed the cable preemptively.

First time you change it it might be a little tricky, but once you figure it out it’s pretty basic. Remove the cable from the trans first to give yourself plenty of slack at the pedal. Reach up there and unhook the cable end. Then pull it from the firewall. Installation is the reverse.[/QUOTE]

yea true the cable is 17 years old.just ordered a exedy one…thanks man for the help

Where did you get an Exedy clutch cable at?