5spd conversion complete BUT car won;'t run right??

Hey guys Im really having some issues with my teg, just finished up a 5spd conversion, which seems to be working fine for the most part, BUT I also changed to an MT Intake manifold simply bc I had one. Well now the car won’t run right at all. If the MAP is hooked up the car idles at like 4k without it, it seems to run semi normally. I did do away with a few of the emissions vaccume connections and of course the egr bc of that being an auto only thing. I am still using the auto ecu, simply bc after reading on g2 most guys said you could keep that ecu and it will run right, but obviously throw a check light eventually. I do plan to get a 5spd ecu soon, I just dont have one right now. Anyone have any ideas?? maybe whats going on? thanks any help would be very appreciated.
Brandon

I dunno about with the tegs, but on my old OBD 1 prelude the auto ECU will not work with a manual trans. The functions of the auto tranny are controlled through the cars ecu, so i kept getting check codes for trans problems. I swapped to the manual ECU and it all worked fine. But on the H22 you can’t do away with the EGR when u swap to a 5spd. I’d just double check your vaccum hoses and make sure theres no leaks then swap the ecu and check again then. Do you have any CEL codes right now? if so i’d jump out the ECU and go from there, figure out what is throwing the check light.

well the auto trans controls are in a seperate computer. it will throw a check code bc I did away with the EGR, 5spds did not have egrs. Im gona get a 5spd ecu at some point I just cant right now. The thing is I have all the vaccum stuff hooked up right, at least I think.

sounds like a vacuum leak at where the head meets the gaskeet.

Did you use a new IM gasket when you swaped manifolds? if so I would go recheck all the nuts and ensure they are tight

http://hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html

well I played some more with things, recheckd most of the IM bolts and then adjusted my throttle cable and low and behold its running decent, Still some rev jumping, but only 500 rpms and only sometimes. Car does still seem to be smelling a bit but no check engine light has gone off since I reset the ecu. So will c.