Oil pressure switch removal

Ok, feel free to flat out mock me if you wish, but I set out this morning to change out the oil pressure switch but I just can’t for my soul’s sake get the friggin hershey kiss shaped rubber cover off the bitch. I could cuss and pull on the single wire end of it, but I’m not thinking that would be too smart. Laying on my back with my nose six inches from the thing I’m just not finding great access or leverage points to pry at it with a screwdriver. Christ, you know… is there some lame simple way I’m completely missing here?

My oil light flashes… only sometimes… on engine ignition. Killing the engine and restarting always clears it. I was thinking a conservative problem solving approach would be to change the oil filter and pressure switch an see what happens…if I could only get that rubber cover to budge!

The oil level is fine, no leaks, knocks or blue smoke.

every time ive taken it off it just disintegrated. just rip it off it’ll crack any ways since its so old and dry.

^Thanks^

Sounds good, I’ll just rip into, but then where do I get a new rubber coated wire connector? I’ve checked several of the online OEM parts shops with no luck. How do get that sensing wire back on the new pressure switch if I’ve demolished the rubberized casing? I appreciate your help.

The casing is not the connector itself it just covers the connector. You really don’t need to put the boot back on, but I think you would have to go to the dealer for something like that.

Once you get the casing of you’ll see what I’m talking about, the connector is simmiliar to the femal end of a butt connector and just pops on the oil pressure switch. If you can get your fingers to the base of the rubber boot where it goes over the swich you might be able to pull it off from the bottom.

^^ That’s exactly what I need to know! Not as big a deal as I was making it.

Thanks you two guys for chipping in here to help. Much appreciated.