Car bogs bad around 4k (lots or searching)

ive looked for the past few days to try to find this… my car has a pretty much stock b17a1… car runs fine but sometimes when u go to take off the car will pull great up 2 4k then its feels super hesitant…then vtec pulls great… i have replace my plugs so far… my mfr does act up on hot days… going to grab a new fuel filter tomarrow because kinda think it runs outta gas or something i dont understand it. im gonna start at fuel filter then plug wires distributor cap is fine at least upon investigation it apears to be… please just let me know any ideas u guys have thanks

You can also try running fuel injector cleaner through your system. Just a guess but the injectors might be dirty/clogged. Doesn’t hurt to try… it’s a cheap fix if that’s the case…

well i run it almsot every tank but i put a rotor button in it today after some brainstorming and seems to be alot better

My has both the symptons. Im going to replace my MFR, wires and plugs when i have time. I might run a tad hotter plug to. I have a b20 with a stock b18 ECU so that might have something to do with it. I dont think it does cause it didnt start to untill like 6 months ago. And the B20 has been in for about 2 years now.

i would change the cap and rotor button… mine was cashed… my dad always tells me to grab a plug wire if it hurts then its time to change them haha… crazy old man… but yea try cap and rotor…

I got that too, I soldered my MFR so next on the checkup list is the cap n rotor.
Also, my b17 won’t refire up if it ran less than like 15 minutes ago. Have to sit with the hood up to cool off something…

wierd mine acts half ass stupid after it rains think my computer is about fried… today there was a huge ass puddle in the floor gotta fix this crap

So far my cleaning of the distributor contacts has not let the bogging occur today. I just opened the cap and scraped at the contact points until a nice surface of metal was exposed under that corrosion. Then used a rubber eraser on the contacts and the rotor contact.
Also checked spark plug wires, found them to be 12k ohms and less.

Today was hot again, so of course my mfr crapped out. New Xbranded MFR solved that right quick, and its too trafficy to tell if the bogging went away.

well i drove 4 hours to import alliance meet this weekend and it started again… it even did it on the dyno made 59hp and he was like wtf… but yea i gotta figure out what this is