Help: Car won't start sometimes, and when it does, it dies on the road..ignitor prob?

Hi all, I know I only post here when i have problems with my teg, but right now the car is having yet another issue…

…so one day i started up my car and went to work, about 2 miles later the car literally shuts off…as in i had killed the switch, all the gauges on the car were lowering, the car wouldn’t accel, and i had to pull over to the side of the road. I then tried to crank the car, it rev’d but it didn’t kick and start.

I then decided to give it a bit of gas…ok so maybe more then just a “bit”, but the car then started again, yay, and then it did the same thing again about .4 miles later…

…so i repeated the processs, and got the car rolling, this time i threw the car in D3, and turned around and headed home. Keeping my car at about 35 mph and at 3500 RPM got me home!!

I tried the car the next day, same probs, died on me 2x, and had an EXTREMELY hard time getting it to start up, again it would rev/crank but wouldn’t kick until a lot of gas was pressed.

I told my uncle about this, and he said that it could be the Ignition Ignitor, and after learning of this, I proceeded to come back here, and see if anybody else has had this problem. I ran into a thread that said that it COULD be the prob, ALONG with the Coils???

so basically my questions are:

Is it the ignition ignitor
what is this ignition coil you guys speak of?
average prices for these and is it pretty easy to find else where besides ebay?
and lastly how easy is it to install these parts?

I love my car, wife hates it and almost donated it to the city for a tax write off…and even though I’ve had so many problems with this car lately, the brake pads/rotor, starter, distributer…and have replaced those with time and an aid…but i believe this time i’m going to have to do this on my own…

again any and all help is appreciated, thanks guys!

91 integra, automatic, i believe it is a GS 4 door power everything

Ignitor is part of the distributor and you should have a new one if you replaced the distributor. Have you thought about the main fuel relay? Check all of your grounds too!

the distributer i bought a couple years ago was either used, or re-built, cuz it was all spray painted over and such…very odd

main ground relays? hmmmmm…ok i’ll check it all out…

well i ordered the following parts

ignition coil
ignitor
heat sink

is there a guide to how to install the following parts on this board?