T.P.S Question..

Not sure if this is an electrical issue or Stock Engine’s so forgive me if this is the wrong area…

here is my issue.

There seemed to be a “flutter” in the idle for the past week or so in my wife’s db1 the last week or so. We gave also noticed a significant decrease in gas mileage, so I kept her car home today to try and figure out what was wrong.

While the car was running, something told me to disconnect the TPS to see if the idle would change as it should and absolutely nothing happened which I thought to be odd, as my DA shakes if I do that…

So I happened to have an extra TPS in my tool box and replaced it. I contacted the dealer to see what they recommended for a gasket, and they said I would be safe using a bit of RTV high heat silicon gasket maker and that should do the trick

So I did so, replaced the screws (has extra as well) and the idle problem went away!

Question is…NOW I have a C.E.L! I am familiar with how to read, and reset an OBD1 ECU, but not on the OBD0 system.

Can anyone help?

Same procedure, you just read the ecu and not the CEL.

chance are when you swaped TPS sensors you didnt put the new one back into spec.

im getting code #7 = T.P.S

How would I know if its in spec or not?

i thinks its the same for obd0 but use a digital multimeter and with engine off and ignition on. backprobe the middle wire. tighten it down when the meter reads 0.5volts. if its a good sensor. with the same back probed wire and the sensor tightened down slowly open the throttle all the way. when fully opened it should read 4.8volts

You also could have thrown the code when you unplugged the sensor during the test. Pull the backup fuse in the underhood box for a few mins or disconnect the neg batt cable for a few. If it comes back on then set the tps to spec.

got it taken care of. it was a little off, but she is all good now…

thanx for all the help!

You need a cover on your T.P.S. Didn’t you get the memo?

not following sorry?? (not getting the joke)

me neither, did you get your wife’s ac switch running too??

umm, yeeaaahhhh. If you could just go rent the movie office space on saturday, That would be great:sipread:

nope…still need to find a switch. DJ is talking about removing his so he might just give me that switch…

Well, at least I wasn’t the only one. :smiley:

Yeah gotta get one fast casue it is sooooo hot outside haha.

Steveo-DA from Washington is sending me one. I don’t wanna wait for DJ…I might need a compressor too, but we’ll see.

How did that bumper work out for ya? Did u put it on yet?

BTW I got a buddy with a set of 1 pieces as mint as mine! U should jump on em..da92nv@gmail.com

ill give u my number…

[QUOTE=da92nv;2048898]Steveo-DA from Washington is sending me one. I don’t wanna wait for DJ…I might need a compressor too, but we’ll see.

How did that bumper work out for ya? Did u put it on yet?

BTW I got a buddy with a set of 1 pieces as mint as mine! U should jump on em..da92nv@gmail.com

ill give u my number…[/QUOTE]

na i havent put it on yet but ive been sanding the hell out of it trying to paint it soon along with the rest of the car so it all matches. Im starting to get clearcoat flake. I think im gonna stick with the 3 piece for right now but ill def take your consideration man thanks.