She starts Sometimes !

When I turn the key in the ignition sometimes she just clicks and the engine doesn’t turn over( I hate having to push start her) other time she turns over and starts. All my connection are tight and the starter is good ! I’m thinking its the ignition module/pigtail, does this sound right ?

mine is doing the the same but i believe mine is linked to my alarm. it does not happen enough for me to care (yet)

I hate push starting my Teg sometimes ! It’s embarrassing, I get so happy when it starts on its own. I’m thinking of installing a push button under the lip of my seat.

i dont have to completely push start mine i only have to get the crank to move a little and it will start with the key

This happened on my 90’ DB1 back in the days and I swapped out the ignition harness. So hopefully that’ll fix this one too.

I pulled my starter apart yesterday and there didn’t seemed to be anything obviously wrong. I haven’t changed the ignition harness out yet but I will do so soon. Anyone have any other ideas ? Cause I’m tire of push starting this thing, it hot out here and its embarassing !

My ignition kill circuit of the alarm system crapped out. Shorting those terminals fixed the problem.

Check the grounding point for your negative battery cable and make sure its clean. I had the same issue a couple months ago and replaced my negative cable, greased the ground point and terminal with dielectric grease and had no problems since then. Hope that’s all it is for you. :slight_smile:

check your coil.

I put the starter back together and cleaned all my grounds like you said Kaosprophet and it started right up no problem. So this morning it started up again, the real test will be today when I get off work and try and start it then.

I noticed all the grounds were connected to painted surfaces so I took some sandpaper took all the paint off. I would of used some Alodine but I don’t no where I would get that outside of work.

I’ll let you all know how it go’s this afternoon.

She starts everytime now !

The ground cables were all mounts to painted surfaces in the engine bay so I found some sandpaper and scraped it all off and its been good ever since :clap:.

Good to hear it was something simple and inexpensive. :smiley: