Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identify these plugs please....

Collapse
X

Identify these plugs please....

Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Identify these plugs please....

    Im in the process of doing my wire tuck and came across these two plugs. On the old motor these werent connected at all. Now im droping in a B16 and have no idea what or where they go. They were in the back of the motor and were taped up into the harness so i never even new they were there. Oh they were in the back of the block next to the Oil pressure switch and the knock senor. Oh and its a 91 Integra RS 5 speed. Any help would be appreciated thanxx.




    #2
    Looks like the plug for the coolant temperature switch. Looks like it's missing on the block. It's supposed to be up and to the left of the oil pressure switch, but looks like there's a plug in it's place.
    Last edited by frozenrice; 03 Jul 2009, 01:52:24.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by frozenrice View Post
      Looks like the plug for the coolant temperature switch.
      engine oil temp switch if i remember correctly.

      Comment


        #4
        Where do they go connected? They were wrapped up in tape when i took the motor out and now i dont see where they would go pluged at.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sikauto View Post
          Where do they go connected? They were wrapped up in tape when i took the motor out and now i dont see where they would go pluged at.
          on some swaps (diff motors) the blocks don't have it. so far i've only seen it on the older blocks.

          Comment


            #6
            Ok thanks. Cuz all i see back there is the oil pressure switch and knock sensor. One more question. The plug that used to go back there was for my Temp controll or sometin like that right? Now thats my knock sensor. So that old pkug i have to run it to the new sensor that goes into the thermostat housing right? Ok so that was two questions. Lol

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Sikauto View Post
              Ok thanks. Cuz all i see back there is the oil pressure switch and knock sensor. One more question. The plug that used to go back there was for my Temp controll or sometin like that right? Now thats my knock sensor. So that old pkug i have to run it to the new sensor that goes into the thermostat housing right? Ok so that was two questions. Lol
              yea.

              Comment


                #8
                Thanxx again Jeff. Your always helpfull.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Squeezethis View Post
                  engine oil temp switch if i remember correctly.
                  Probably right. Either way I think it sends the signal to the cooling fan relay to turn the fan on and off. After I built my block and drove it around, it overheated a few times because it had air in the cooling system. The fan never came on until I figured out the switch wasn't plugged in.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by frozenrice View Post
                    Probably right. Either way I think it sends the signal to the cooling fan relay to turn the fan on and off. After I built my block and drove it around, it overheated a few times because it had air in the cooling system. The fan never came on until I figured out the switch wasn't plugged in.

                    So where would these go connected to then? By the way its a B16a2 block. Not a B16a

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I took the switch off my old block and bolted it in where that plug is next to the oil pressure switch. I'm not sure where they'd go in your case or why it was disconnected in the first place.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have no idea y it was disconnected. Two days ago when i pulled the old motor out i realized that there was a little lump in the harness. I took the tape off and found that plug in there. So it was never hooked up to begin with. I guess ill just wrap it back up into the loom. The motor i took out also didnt have anywhere to hook it up so i have no idea.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          didn't i mention up there that not all blocks have that oil temp sensor/switch? its not needed to make ur motor run properly.
                          Last edited by Squeezethis; 03 Jul 2009, 04:07:41.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yes you did metion that. I was just wondering what he was talking about and also explaining to him why they werent hookep up to begin with.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Sikauto View Post
                              Yes you did metion that. I was just wondering what he was talking about and also explaining to him why they werent hookep up to begin with.
                              i do get what he means and what he did. but its not really needed. if u are actually gonna run gauges n stuff i'd hook it up, but if thats the case..... personally i'd rather get an oil filter sandwich plate instead and get one hooked into there instead.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Hmmm not a bad idea. Maybe ill look into that but that prolly wont be till a bit later down the road.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  I deleted mine on my B20 vtec. 2500 miles now, and no overheating issues at all.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X