small hole in exhaust pipe

I noticed some fluid on the ground near my exhaust during idle and I checked it out and noticed a small hole between the tail pipe and muffler.
Can I just use some JB weld to cover this up or do I need to goto a muffler shop to get it welded?

Also would something like this affect low-end acceleration say between 0-2500 rpm range?

if its what im thinking its purposely there to allow condensation out of the exhaust so it doesnt get in the muffler and rot it inside quicker. and no it wont affect power at all…if its what im thinking

please correct me if im wrong

Does your exhaust sound loud?

Is it a clean hole, like if someone drilled a hole on it, or

a rusted out hole?

If it was me I would fix that problem to either weld it or replace it with new piping. To me, it doesn’t look right to have a hole in the exhaust.

my 2004 sunfire i last had had it in that exact spot right from the factory
used to drip blackish water all the time.

thats what im going off of

exhaust doesn’t sound loud, and the hole doesn’t look like it’s man made…I’ll post a pic tonight. But I bought some exhaust repair tape.

how big is the hole?? is it rusted ? if i were u the tape would be the last thing i would be using its just a cheap fix that will not solve anything…sand that sucker down and then get it welded or get a new axel back…and for the black water thats normal its just condinsation

right…i was just using the black water and all as an example of it might being normal

If it’s after the muffler don’t waste your time and energy! It’s not a threat to anything. If you have holes in or before the muffler then yes, get them covered.