90-91 tranny vs 92-93 tranny

Any way I can tell what year range tranny I’m looking at? Does it have some sort of stamp on it that would inidicate which it is?

No stamp, but there should be a sticker. The sticker is located in such a way that when mounted on the trans it is right next to the engine code stamp on the engine block.

Here’s a pic:

If the sticker is missing you can measure the input shaft diameter. The 92-93 is larger. The exact sizes are posted here, so you can search for them. I don’t remember right off the top of my head.

There are also some differences in the transmission case, but unless you’re very familiar w/ these transmissions it’s not something you would understand if someone tried to to explain it w/o side by side pics.

Ok, it has that sticker. Which numbers am I looking at to tell the difference.

Thanks.

A the top of the sticker there will be either a letter and a number or two numbers and a letter, e.g. A1, S1, Y1, J1, or YS1

All 92-93’s are YS1’s, 89-91 will be any of the others. This info has been discussed numerous numerous times, if you need more detail about differences in gearing or anything like that you should :search:

Thanks again.