X

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pressure Regulator

I pulled off the air line to the fuel pressure regulator and nothing happened. I was under the impresion that it should idle down near stalling and it did not do that, my question is it bad? This would explain why the car is getting to much gas and the exgaust smells of gas..Any help would be greatly apprecated...

do u have a stock fpr? removing the tube increase the fuel pressure.

Comment

yes it is the stock fpr, something should have happened correct?

Comment

na all that happens is the pressure should rise but you cant really tell unless you have a fuel pressure gauge how old is your o2 sensor because you said it smells really gassy from the exhaust hope this helps.

Comment

stock...... well no adjustments have or will need to be made. hondattic is right u should check or replace ur o2 sensor. don't replace it with a crummy ass one, get ngk on that one. u might be running in open loop... or is it closed loop. dangit i'm feeling so dyslexic right now. but either way its the mode (rich) that ur ecu runs until its warmed up a bit. once its warm its suppose to go to the other loop mode which isn't so rich.

but with ur stock fpr, u can't really tell if things are good unless u have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up. u can buy a gauge to hook up, or buy a fuel system pressure tester (borrow it from someone or somewhere if u can). cuz if the fuel pressure isn't at spec with ur stock fpr, then u need to replace it. sometimes it can be the lil o-ring for it. but if its messed up, i suggest replacing it anyways.

Comment

Comment

I have done all of the above check here....I have just put in a new NGK O2 sensor, cat, NGK Plugs, NGK Wires, Fuel pump, Fuel filter on the fire wall, New §§§§§, timming belt and retimmed, Valves adjusted, Vaccum lines tested, compression checked, and still is running rich and the most I am getting out of a tank of gas is 260....Is there something I missed then?

Comment

Originally posted by brentpadgett View Post
                I have done all of the above check here....I have just put in a new NGK O2 sensor, cat, NGK Plugs, NGK Wires, Fuel pump, Fuel filter on the fire wall, New §§§§§, timming belt and retimmed, Valves adjusted, Vaccum lines tested, compression checked, and still is running rich and the most I am getting out of a tank of gas is 260....Is there something I missed then?
                260 is decent. with how i drive nowadays i probably barely get that. curious..... are u sure what u are smelling is fuel....... or just a nasty azz cat? u seem to have done everything right. u replaced everything. unfortunately u didn't verify what ur fuel pressure is....... cuz u need a gauge to do that.

but maybe ur cat is just done for. they dont' last forever. and if u don't have a cat...... then......... well u have a contributing factor there.

and there are issues where some members have had the tank or the filler neck area to leak. can be leaks anywhere. i'd check for leaks IF the smell doesn't come from the exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                X