Fuel Issue???!? Need advice

I gota 92 GS and sometimes it wont start and I have to keep turning the key on and off to get it to fire. I dont think it would be the sending unit or fuel pump because it drives down the road fine. I replaced the fuel filter and injectors. Do we have a fuel pump relay or anything? Would it cause this if its weak or going bad? Wheres it located? Any help would be awesome. I have a brand new fuel pump , filter and seal but I hate to have to drop the tank when I highly douht its the problem.

search for “main fuel relay” It is a very common cause of non-starting due to lack of fuel. You can do some reading and get all the details, but often the connections inside the relay can go bad. Problems typically occur with the MFR when the weather is warmer.

Wheres it located?

under the dash. Do the searching like I said. You’ll not only learn where it is located but also the information needed to determine if that is your problem or not. It would also be good to read whatever the Helms may have to say regarding the MFR.

Today I replaced the fuel pump, injectors, fuel filter, fuel pump screen and tank seal also. It fired and died. My last idea is the sending unit but I cant find one anywhere online. Any ideas? Please help asap!

Could it be the sending unit, it does send fuel up to the front correct? I mean the name says it all. What does one look like and where can I find one?

… check ur mfr. replace it if its old anyways or solder it… just do a search of mfr or main fuel relay.

almost does sound like its not a problem regarding to fuel. almost sounds like the distributor issue but without more info and u doing more tests we wont’ be able to figure this out til u spend more $$$.

does the fuel pump prime when u put the key to the on position? does the mfr make the 3 clicks? mainly the 3rd click is what u hear right after the 3rd beep.

let us know on that first before u try moving much further.

yes the MFR clicks and then the check engine light goes off. and it does prime.

well I’ll check the MFR again tomorrow and hopefully thats it otherwise I have no idea.

FIXED! The pump wasnt primed enough lol

So what did u do to fix the problem?

i believe he just replaced his mfr. the one he replaced it with b4 wasn’t working entirely or something.