Will this starter work? (pics)

I just got done removing my original starter. Before I go try installing the new one, can anyone confirm that it will work? They don’t look the same but pretty close. I bought it on ebay…says it’s a remanufactured Nippondenso.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA-INTEGRA-1-8L-STARTER-REMAN-1990-1993_W0QQitemZ360160504939QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53db3d2c6b&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Anyone? Just needing a quick yes or no.

u bought it… why not try it? that lil protruding lip part might be a lil issue. but u won’t know til u try it. and if its the wrong one just exchange it cuz it looks as if that seller has an exchange policy.

Because it’s a pain in the ass just getting it “in” there.
I’m sure many others have replaced their starters and have seen/used the same one. IIRC, starters are different for 1991’s and/or autos.

I have a 93, 5spd.

[QUOTE=Rocket;2040493]Because it’s a pain in the ass just getting it “in” there.
I’m sure many others have replaced their starters and have seen/used the same one. IIRC, starters are different for 1991’s and/or autos.

I have a 93, 5spd.[/QUOTE]

its a pain getting it in there? its 2 bolts… 14mm heads on them that hold it to the tranny. and like a 13mm nut that holds the cable. use a combination of extensions, universals (swivels), and wrenches. i got mine in and out in under 30min. i removed the battery, and u could also remove the intake hose, but its not necessary. i even have a neuspeed front tower strut bar and i had no issues.

and also, it looks as if the connections are in different locations? u didn’t take enough pics so yea.

Nope the connections are exactly the same on both.

You must not have all the hoses and wiring that I do because there’s no way it’s a 30 minute job. Took me 2+ hours for remove/install and I have every tool a man could want. It’s just one of the crappiest designs that I ever seen.

Anyway, to answer my own question, the new starter works!
I’ve been push starting it a lot for the past week…so nice to hear it start instantly again. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Rocket;2040550]Nope the connections are exactly the same on both.

You must not have all the hoses and wiring that I do because there’s no way it’s a 30 minute job. Took me 2+ hours for remove/install and I have every tool a man could want. It’s just one of the crappiest designs that I ever seen.

Anyway, to answer my own question, the new starter works!
I’ve been push starting it a lot for the past week…so nice to hear it start instantly again. :)[/QUOTE]

lmao. good to hear that it works. but no… i have a/c… i have everything still in the car. and trust me it only takes 30 min to remove and install. and i don’t do a crappy job. and i gotta say that when i put mine in, its super clean, not all greasy from my hands n stuff. hehe, i even took my starter off in the parking lot of a staples when i was headed to leo’s socal meet at santiago park.

its not really all that hard when u’ve done it plenty of times b4. cuz it took me about 20min to remove and 10min to put in. thats including me removing my battery. if i started on someone else’s da it would prolly be 40min start to finish tho, cuz i’m sure some stuff has been overtorqued. but i removed my starter to clean up the plunger and all the contacts, so it was only a partial clean up. the cleaning took me about 30min. but if i had a replacement starter it can be done pretty quick without have to lift the car or anything.

took 2 hours to do??? huh itss like a 20 minute job two bolts and two connections

:werd: