Stock Header

Will i have any problems with the exhaust manifold Studs when i go to put a new header on? …will they possibly shear off? and does anyone know the Torque?
Thanks,
-Drew

They are very easy to break. For removal I suggest soaking all 9 nuts in PB blaster for at least 15 minutes…the longer the better. For the reinstall the torque rating is very small, about 22 pounds if I remember. Just do it in sequence gradually, you may want to stop at 20 pounds and drive that around a bit.

Alright thanks :slight_smile: my new header just came in, so i will definitely give that a try, because i do not need to break any studs off
-Drew

be very careful if u start to feel it just spinning freely without much tension when torquing those down. i’ve broken a few studs and i know i hadn’t put more than 15 ft/lbs of torque on it yet. some bolts just break after a while. just be careful.

if you do break any of them off which most likey u wont unless u overtighten them .they are easy to replace the studs come rite out wit some vice scripts , and u can always buy them studs at a local auto parts store

yeah… very true. or u can remove the studs and use bolts to fasten the headers (exhaust manifold) to the head.

well i got my headers on yesterday :slight_smile: and i didnt have any problems at all with the studs or bolts . I sprayed a little pb blaster on just incase and they came right off. thanks for the help
-Drew

I’m a noob at this but, why would the studs break off? Wear and tear?

So if I wanted to remove my DC header and install back the stock ones, I would have to be carefull of backing out the nuts or the studs will break?

not neccesarily the way you break them is by putting to much torque on them which stresses the blot or if the nuts are frozen to the bolt but you should be fine just dont over torque them.