vapor lock system

i got a 93 da ls . i have a strange probmlem that i am aware of. but what i am trying to find out it how to solve it . every time my car is hot on the inside , i.e : summer time heat , it wont start until it is some what cool in the cab , and in the engoine bay, i see the purpose since the fuel lines run inside the car. but damn it , im tired of getting off of work, and having to sit there like a gimp with my hood up , and windows down waiting for my car to decide to start …

could be a number of issues. could be ur MFR which i highly suggest u replace whether or not its going cuz its probably never been replaced and is still the original one. u could also repair the mfr if u know how solder n stuff.

there are tons of threads regarding this issue. plenty on the first page of this forum.

do the mfr self check. begin the test with the car off. sit in the car, and if u can have a helper help u out. next put the key to the on position and DO NOT START IT. u should hear 3 clicks or beeps right when u put it to “on”. the last click will be easiest one to hear. but while u are doing that, have ur partner (or just listen) for the fuel pump priming. if u have the partner they can stand outside the car near the fuel door with the gas cap off. if yall hear it priming then ur mfr is ok. if u don’t hear it priming… then u have to confirm whether or not u hear 3 clicks of the MFR. if it doesn’t click 3 times then ur mfr is bad. if it did… then ur mfr is working but then there is an issue with the fuel pump or wiring too it.

if that doesn’t work, then i should’ve first asked. does the engine turn over when u put the key to the start position? if it does, then u could have a distributor issue. if urs is old, be prepared to replace it, or borrow one to confirm if its ur distributor is bad.

if the engine didn’t turn over… basically it just makes a click every single time u put the key to the start position, then u have an issue with the starter, like the starter plunger and contacts, or the cables to the starter, battery cables are broken/dirty/corroded/cracked, or the battery terminals are bad.

also u should confirm that ur battery has enough power. a good battery is at 12.6v. i think the lowest the battery can have to where it’ll still start is at about 11.6 or something like that, but anything under 12v is pushing it.

i can relate to what your saying, but i do not know what an mfr is , or even where to locate it at on my car , but i know its not the starter , or battery or the f.p . everything is new, but it only does this when its hot inside the car, once it cools down it qill start, it turns over and everything, but wont start when its hot inside the car like i said

MFR = Main Fuel Relay located under dash on drivers side behind the knee panel on the left side. you will need to remove the metal knee support to access. There are a million posts regarding your same problem. Please try searching before posting.