B16 head ?

I bought a b16 head for dirt cheap but it has a broken valve, meaning a piece of the valve is broken off, its not bent. It also didn’t come with cams or the caps/bracket that keeps the cams in place. Does anyone know where I find that piece ?

find someone parting out their b16… or the online parts store, i forgot the name of the honda one tho. or u could try the dealer but either way… thats a lot of cam caps to buy. did it at least come with valve springs and retainers tho? cuz man… buying a bare b16 head without so much and has a chipped valve. you’re gonna have to get the valve replaced, and will probably need to redo the valve seats and get a valve job on all the valves.

Yeah, valvesprings and retainers are installed along with the rockers. Just need the cam keeper parts. The valve I’m not too worried about they’ll install it for me when I get a valve job.

You might need to get an align hone done on the head when you get new cam caps as well. My understanding is that an align hone is done on each head individually at the factory to ensure proper clearances for the cams. So one set of cam caps might be completely different from the next. Some people say they’ve mismatched cam caps and not had a problem, but I don’t know if I would trust it unless I didn’t mind scrapping the head in the event that it didn’t work out. I think you can get an align hone for about $50 or so at a good machine shop.

i’m not a fan of getting caps from a different head because the hone will be out. you will have to take it to a machine shop once you get the caps to make sure they are in proper alignment

Thanks all ! I might end up selling this but before I make that decision I need to see how much I’m going to spend to get the caps/cams, the valve isn’t going to be a big problem.

you’re gonna be spending almost more than its worth, unless u are gonna be going with an upgraded head.

basically if u sold that, and looked around for a good b16 head that didn’t have those issues and had the caps… then you’d be moving along a whole lot faster and stuff. u also wouldn’t be risking of having too much or too lil clearance around the camshafts.

I think I’m gonna sell ! If I can ! Anyone want this ? $160 and its yours !

yeah, you got screwed. i can get 2 of them here for $75 with the caps, just no valves and springs

Maybe we can work something out ! With you purchasing for me and sending it to me but you keeping the head. LMK !

I’ve got some jdm b16 cams I wouldn’t mind selling for pretty cheap, if you’d be interested. Don’t quote me on this, but I think that the JDM b16 cams are ever so slightly more aggressive then usdm b16 cams.

Also, if you got the bare head for cheap, then spending the cash to replace most of it isn’t such a bad thing. You will be able to take it to the machine shop, have it aligned and inspected, and start out with a good amount of new parts. Essentially, a rebuilt head. Instead of buying the head complete for more money, then spending the money to have it rebuilt on top of that.