pulling motor- strap broke

yea thought the strap was strong enough, strap snap and motor fell back in motor mounts. got a chain that can olny span as wide as the hood. and the head is off.

bolt the chain to one of the bolt holes in the motor mounts

the motor is still in. what bolt holes

u can also bolt the chain thru the bracket on the trans… or remove the distributor or something. there is a good bolt hole location on the back of the head. is near the distributor. i even have a bracket that came with my crate motor that i used. please use common sense tho when doing this, and also make sure that u put the bolts thru pretty deep or as far as they can go. make sure the bolts u do use are in farther than half and inch (AT LEAST).

for the 2nd… wrap the chain around the driver motor mount or something. where it sticks out of the motor.

theres no head on. and the chain is a pretty decent size

well if u have the tranny on then just remove one bolt… slap the chain thru the bolt and bolt it right back up. make sure a good amount of that bolt goes into the block. after that get a bolt for the a/c bracket or something. try n place the chain to where it’ll maintain balance fairly easily. put one end of the chain near the back and one near the front.

got the motor out, but bent the bracket the front motor mount bolts to. ill just beat it back with a sledge. and ALSO putting rear seat mounts and seat belts sucks ass.

the whole seat belt system was gutted before i got the car, and it has these no name racing seats. i was wondering if i should just buy stock seats or mount the seat belt mount somwhere on the seat if its possible.? any other suggestions

[QUOTE=blackteg;2035768]got the motor out, but bent the bracket the front motor mount bolts to. ill just beat it back with a sledge. and ALSO putting rear seat mounts and seat belts sucks ass.

the whole seat belt system was gutted before i got the car, and it has these no name racing seats. i was wondering if i should just buy stock seats or mount the seat belt mount somwhere on the seat if its possible.? any other suggestions[/QUOTE]

just buy some stock seats man. save yourself a head ache. and regarding that front motor mount… sorry to say it, but its important that u’re motor stays aligned. rip it out and replace it. pretty cheap usually.

ight, i like the da seats much better than those bucket seats anyways. and about the bent bracket, it bent sideways, so i dont think that it could really hurt if i just beat it back. ill take a pic this week,also show you peeps what project im getting my self into lol.

lol aiight. u might wanna consider upgraded motor mounts if u are getting into something serious with this project once it gets moving.

btw, what kind of bucket seats are in it?

like all black replica bride. and it has new red ones. must be hasport? it had port poilsh, crowers, and b16 pistons. all in a b18a1.

new red ones… for it to bend… thats pretty weak “ish”. maybe innovative. hasport mounts usually are stamped, not 100% on that tho.

black bride replicas that are reclineable? u in northern, central, southern cali?

sorry bout the seats, i live above sac in the foot hills. but i got rid of them for a cherry picker, engine stand and 20 bucks lol. anywayz, im gunna post some pics of the project, actually i should just start a new thread lol.