Vtec problems

ok i have a 92 integra gsr and i replaced a part in the distributor i dont know what it is, some guy called it a igniter. because i was driving the other day and i droped it into 2nd going like 30 and punched it and right before vtec kicked the rpm needle whent crazy but the motor is strong and the motor died. i had no spart at the plugs so i replaced the “igniter” and then it ran but when ever i cracked vtec the whole motor dies out like it just dies and the rpm needle goes crazy and the car stops accelerating and then i let off the throttle because i dont want to destroy me car. so i replaced the cap and rotor praying that would be the problem but it wasnt. so me and my friend were about to do the head gasket because there was oil all over the engine block and i was told by 3 mechanics that this was my problem. so we almost had the cams out and i took the vtec soleinoid out and the seal was so smashed down and that is where the oil was coming from, so then i put it all back together and the soleinoid was leaking the worst i have ever seen it but it was driveable. then when i got out of school i took it down to shucks and the guy recomended the “right stuff” it was a gasket former that cured in one minute. so i put it on the soleinoid and the filter top part to. then after about 20 minutes i started it up and the 1 minute curing stuff completly gave out and it was just pouring out with no resistance out of both parts. i had to get it toed home now that was a bad idea now i got the right gaskets and when ever i start it up the motor idle goes from 500 to 1500 and back and forth at a pretty fast pace. i dont know what to do now i cleaned it all out and i took the top off because i couldnt get that gasket today i took that off and there was the minute curing stuff all in there so i cleaned it out and i am going to get the right gasket tommorow. i have a few questions

1.why does my motor die when i hit vtec
2.why does my motor rmps bounce around in idle
3.what should i do now because i need a car

im not to sure why this thread got closed but i need some help and i edited some stuff please leave it open i need some advice

Because your english skills are terrible, I will try to translate.

You replaced the ignitor after downshifting to a high rpm and having the engine possibly overrev and die. There was a massive oil leak so you drove around anyway. After talking to a retard shucks employee you repaired the vtec solenoid with some liquid goo instead of a proper gasket. Now you have an engine that does not hold a steady idle, a vtec solenoid that still leaks, and that goo lodged inside your cylinder head.

And yet question # 1 means that you still hope to abuse vtec?

Rereading your other thread, you put no effort into editing your original posting. Thanks for reposting stuff that you knew was not conforming to forum etiquette. I feel stupid for trying to help someone who didn’t help himself first. I wasted 20 minutes translating for you.

well thanks i guess but there isnt goo in my head because it was held in a crevas in the soleinoid. i just need to know how to fix the idle so i can take it to acura

i did not drive it while it was pouring oil there was a leek that was worse than before but not leeking a dangerous amount i just needed to get it to shucks to get the parts to fix it and that didnt work out so well

do you by any chance have a brother named don moody, in wa?

well first off, it sounds like you have more then one problem. so figgure out one and then move to the next. now im assuming you have fixed or are going to fix the vtec sillinoid with the proper gasket.

word to the wise, never ever listen to an employee from an autoparts store unless you know for a fact that they are familiar with what they are talking about. If need be make friend with mechanicly inclined people that work at a local auto repair facility or dealership. or worst case senerio. call adealership and ask to speak to one of there repair technicions(sp) for advice.

now if you replaced your ignitor and the tach still bounces around I would make sure tha your connection are tight(the 3 speaker style clips)

start there and once you track down and figgure those out, work on your stalling problem

alright i fixed the gasket and cleaned everything i can clean. i will check the connections on that tommorow. now that i have the soleinoid cleaned the motor dies out at 7 grand so this leaves me to believe i am losing oil pressure some where in the vtec system. yea i will never listen to one of them again! No i am not related to don moody but i think he is one of my teachers sons his name is paul moody but no relation im from cali

alright it is all good the igniter was mounted loose now it runs awesome

… seems like a lot of proper knowledge could’ve prevented all this.

things to learn from this:
*if u dont’ know what u are doing… ASK.
*don’t do mickey mouse repairs, especially when vtec is involved
*don’t listen to parts store employees… there is a reason they work in parts… CUZ THEY CAN’T FIX CARS
*pay attention to your oil levels and pressures, those are a few issues that can cause to not run vtec
*GET A REPAIR MANUAL!