X

name of seal of oil breather chamber

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

name of seal of oil breather chamber

I have done 2 previous headgasket jobs on manual DA tegs & i never ran into oil breather chamber.
    I bought a 4door auto with a bad head gasket so while i was removing the im i ran into it & every problem u can think of. I have been reading the posts on oil breather chamber & i kinda understand why it should b there but its gonna kick my ass when i have to install the im back in place SoO my question is "I want to cancel the oil breather chamber. What is the part called? (the rear plug)"

Is the "chamber" you're talking about #1 in this picture?

I've never seen a DA w/o one, it's an integral part of the pcv system.

Comment

the part you want to plug that hole is called a freeze plug, what size is unknown to me.

let me ask, if you put a plug in it. how do you plan on releasing the crankcase pressure? as colin stated its a pretty important part of the crankcases ventilation system

Comment

personally i'd like to run this on my b20b....... but then i'd worry about making sure it had the same mounting point as the ls.

Comment

BLKACK1: i have no idea !!
          but i been reading threads like crazy so im just gonna deal with the pain & stick with it. while try'n to remove the im I broke one of the nipples from the box, took it to autozone. They had no idea what it was or what i talking about. Soo i just took my ass to the bone yard pick up the part & now im ready to pick up my head today & hopefully ill b done today.
          thank god

im starting to hate working on cars but yet i keep buy'ng integras..loOl

Comment

i don't know if this will help, but i ended up breaking the rubber around the stock pcv valve, so instead I just bought a random 90 degree pcv valve from autozone and re-did the routing of the lines from the black box to the intake manifold to incorporate an oil separator. Some brass fittings were required including a 3/8" to 1/2" adapter fitting.

After 400 miles the separator already caught some oil that would have been returned into the intake manifold, money well spent imo.

Comment

mmtegra: thanks, i kind of did sumthing like that. but the pic helped alot. But im done !!

this was my 3rd time i replaced a headgasket. I picked up a brown DB1 for $300 with a blown headgasket but the rest of the car was "cherry". SoO now that its done i should be able to sell it for atleast $1200 to $1400. & its an auto with tags. But thanks AlOts...

Comment

Working...
              X