hesitating problem

i have a hesitating problem around 4,000 rpm it feels like its sputtering and not getting enough power its mostly in 1st and 2nd gear any suggestions?

auto or manual? just curious on that part.

also, when is the last time u’ve done a tune up? how is the plugs, wires, cap n rotor, fuel filter, air filter? vacuum lines? any other issues?

hesitating

5 speed just changed the plugs and wires everything else ill have to check :up:

Hey, i’m having a similar problem. I have a 1992 teg 1.8 litre 5 speed. I have this problem ever since i’ve owned the car. (about 5 years). But now it seams to happen all more often then it used too. It used to happen once very few months when i first got it, but now all the time.

Here’s my problem: I start the car and it idles fine. When i start to drive the car down the road, it feels like it going to stall- literally losses all power — the kicks on all of sudden ---- i mean it doesn’t stall, it just kicks back on …This happens on an off while for about half a mile… then the car begin to drive normal…Then goes away. It may happen again, when i shut the car off and begin to drive again OR it may not.

Like I said, this problem has always happened, but before it was very periodic before, where now it happens every 5th or 6th time i start to drive it.

It happened before and after i’ve made some bolt on mods

So i’ve change with no success the following:

plugs
wire
fit valve
timing belt
reset timing
fully new distributor with cap and rotor
main relay
all grounds

this problem needs to be addressed…
any takers…and hope this helps guys

I would check fuel pump fuel filter

[QUOTE=wardstar;2032525]Hey, i’m having a similar problem. I have a 1992 teg 1.8 litre 5 speed. I have this problem ever since i’ve owned the car. (about 5 years). But now it seams to happen all more often then it used too. It used to happen once very few months when i first got it, but now all the time.

Here’s my problem: I start the car and it idles fine. When i start to drive the car down the road, it feels like it going to stall- literally losses all power — the kicks on all of sudden ---- i mean it doesn’t stall, it just kicks back on …This happens on an off while for about half a mile… then the car begin to drive normal…Then goes away. It may happen again, when i shut the car off and begin to drive again OR it may not.

Like I said, this problem has always happened, but before it was very periodic before, where now it happens every 5th or 6th time i start to drive it.

It happened before and after i’ve made some bolt on mods

So i’ve change with no success the following:

plugs
wire
fit valve
timing belt
reset timing
fully new distributor with cap and rotor
main relay
all grounds

this problem needs to be addressed…
any takers…and hope this helps guys[/QUOTE]

if i were u i’d replace all ur vacuum lines, even the one to the brake booster. then after that replace ur IACV or get it cleaned out properly (seafoam).

Thanks guys for the input

I changed the fuel filter about 4 years ago. I think the problem happened before and after this. All the vacuum line seam good…i sprayed with carb cleaner…didn’t find any leaks…

throttle body has had a good cleaning also.

i read on here that somebody changed an o2 sensor …and problem was solved…

Any ideas on this?

D dubya

Hey guys, I have the same problem with my teg to, its a 91 RS. for me it happens when I first start the car and push it hard without it warming up, and the only other time is when I come home from school, cause my campus is on a mountain and once i get down it sputters at the same stop light every time. The weird thing if that I also had this exact problem with my 91 civic hatchback before, it was the same spluttering engine fart sorta thing. So, possibly its some weird honda thing, Ive heard tons of things that could be accountable for it, and i havent had much success fixing it either.

I had the same problem two weeks ago. I changed the distributor cap, rotor and wires cleared it up like a charm.