X

dc header and stock cat compatible

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc header and stock cat compatible

hi, i have a dc 4-2-1 header and i was wondering if it would fit the stock cat converter. its going into a 92 GSR. thanks in advnce!

it should fit. only issue u might have is length. is the header for a 90-91 or for a 92+?

Comment

The most common aftermarket headers are designed to be "bolt-on" with no modifications. So as long as you have the header for the correct year, make and model it will fit with all the other stock parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezethis View Post
        it should fit. only issue u might have is length. is the header for a 90-91 or for a 92+?

how can you tell??...location of the 02 sensor right?....also, how many different dc header models are there for 90-93 integras....just two right?

Comment

Originally posted by integ-four View Post
          how can you tell??...location of the 02 sensor right?....
          Correct.

also, how many different dc header models are there for 90-93 integras....just two right?
          Find a retailers website, see what part numbers pop up for different years and models of cars that will tell you which ones are the same for various applications.

Comment

how many different dc header models are there for 90-93 integras....just two right?
            dont quote me or anything but im pretty sure theres 3. 4-2-1 two piece. 4-2-1 one piece. 4-1 one piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezethis View Post
              its for a 92 gsr

the dc headers came with the car when i bought it and it had a home-made cat or you can say straight pipe...and its leaking like crazy...so just thought i ask before i buy a new one...so i dont know if its the right one for a '92

Comment

Originally posted by say_thao View Post
                its for a 92 gsr

the dc headers came with the car when i bought it and it had a home-made cat or you can say straight pipe...and its leaking like crazy...so just thought i ask before i buy a new one...so i dont know if its the right one for a '92
                well if anything...... just get another *cat* and gasket. also if the o2 sensor is located farther down the pipe near the cat...... then its for a 92+. if its near the head/block then its for a 90-91.
                Last edited by Squeezethis; 31 May 2009, 02:32:55.

Comment

Working...
                X