No Spark- Ignition problem!

it has been almost a month of troubleshooting, search (yes, I have searched here, honda-tech, team-integra, etc) and cussing. now I really need suggestions since I hit the dead end. car does not start.

One day the car (93 GS) suddenly died on the highway. after towing home I started to figure out what it was. Apparently- no spark (there is fuel). So far have checked:

1. All fuses- under hood and under dash- all OK.
  2. Spark plugs and wires- all OK, work in the other car just fine.
  3. Main relay- tested OK, there is 2 sec delay and click, fuel pump is priming, plenty of fuel on plugs. (took relay out and checked as instructed in helm’s manual)
  4. Main Relay harness connections to ECU- all wires OK,
    there is connection between the relay and ECU,
    there are proper voltages , even the starter signal is present at ECU.
    also, there is 0 V for first 2 sec, then 12V at ECU. (at this point Helms manual tells me to test main Relay again… dah, just checked it.
  5. Distributor- cap and rotor OK, replaced from working car, still no spark
    Ignition coil- replaced from working car, still no spark
    Igniter, ICM- replaced from working car, still no spark
    Performed ICM input test (per Helms manual)- all connections OK.
    Swaped the whole distributor from working car- still no spark.
  6. replaced ECU from (allegedly) working car (actually bought it from somenoe on honda-tech)- still no spark.
    7.I even have done this flashing test with 12V probe as described here, on page 5:
    http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=1116- no flashing- so bad ICM but there is no flashing from a known good ICM either.
    ( I also have a problem understanding why the clip has to be on positive bat terminal… hmm , after checking the Helms manual, it would seem that ECU would pull the voltage to 0 so then it would flash… who knows… maybe… anyway, no flashing.- ECU is not pulling the voltage low on YEL/GRN wire. so could it be 2nd bad ECU?
  7. checked all possible grounds, seems OK.
  8. checked the CPK, TDC, CYK sensor connections from distributor to ECU- all OK,
  9. no skipped teeth on cams and belt.

so far my car is dead. it turns (starter and battery is OK) but does not start.

At this point I have no clue how to continue and constructive input would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

T.

found the problem - timing belt snapped. many thanks for all your feedback.

you didn’t notice that your engine was turning a lot easier as if it had no compression with the broken timing belt?? any way, glad you found the problem.