B18b head fitment on b18a block?

there’s a dude sellin a 99 integra head PNP.comes with valves cams and springs.Will this bolt directly to ma b18a? and will the stock Exhaust fit on the new head? everything the same?

plz help me.I’d like to know tonight…

im almost positive it will bolt right up. i dont see why it wouldnt.

its all the same

if its just the head alone, it’ll bolt straight up. if you use the intake manifold and valvecover then theres a couple things that will be different.

umm… are u planning on throwing that head onto ur b18a1? without u doing any work to the b18a1? like… a rebuild? some arp rod bolts? resurfacing the deck of the block?

i just bought arp bolts for the b18a,but i think they’ll fit my new polished b18b.Also bought a gasket set (including headgasket)for the b18a but am using a B18b head instead.Hope it all fits.:dance:
And i bought a new water pump and timing belt for a b18a hope it all fits the B18b
Also the guy is giving me a complete B18b engine for 200.Minus the ecu(but my 92 LS has a PR4 and the 96 B18b has a PR4 ecu too so it should work right?(if i ever decide to swap in the complete b18b).

everything is basically the same… IT WILL FIT IF U PUT IT ON RIGHT. which is kinda dumby proof. depends on what u are truly gonna do. if u get the complete b18b longblock, which is a good deal, then do that, swap over ur IM with the TB, fuel rail, injectors, and stuff. and if u like put the new water pump and timing belt and tensioner on the b18b. then drop it in. and yea u can use ur old LS (pr4) ecu… u can’t the 92+ pr4 ecu cuz u aren’t running obd1 yet anyways.

everything is basically the same… IT WILL FIT IF U PUT IT ON RIGHT. which is kinda dumby proof. depends on what u are truly gonna do. if u get the complete b18b longblock, which is a good deal, then do that, swap over ur IM with the TB, fuel rail, injectors, and stuff. and if u like put the new water pump and timing belt and tensioner on the b18b. then drop it in. and yea u can use ur old LS (pr4) ecu… u can’t the 92+ pr4 ecu cuz u aren’t running obd1 or obd2 anyways.

i suggest u do lots of research.

He said he has a 92 LS, which is obd 1. So he could run his ecu as long as it is just the head he is swapping.

The 96 LS block is actually an OBD-2 motor so u would actually need to swap a couple of the plugs on the block if u wanted to keep it obd-1 and use your orignal obd-1 ecu.

what do you mean by plugs?
spark plugs? or camshaft plugs?

Why would he need to do that?

Top end is straight swap. Just need to reroute some of the vacuum lines. I’ve done it.

You will benefit from the intake manifold as well.

one thing tho…are the HP gains really worth it??? how much HP gain are ew talking by swapping a b18b head into a b18a block?? anyone answer plz

oh i searched but i didnt find any specific info on this.

u might gain about 10hp (MAX) if… u use the b18b IM as well. but i believe the intake cam from the b18b is slightly more aggressive. aside from that and the IM, thats the only part thats useful. but u should also consider that the b18b head should have less mileage on it too.

Good info :slight_smile:

off topic q’s…Are you the guy that goes to rio hondo autotech??