confused with sensors/switches on back of block

on my b18a obd0 block, i have that round switch with two prongs with a yellow/green and black wire. it’s threaded into the water jacket around the cylinders. as far as i know this is the ECT switch. however looking at my helms manual (Cooling section page 10-6) it says that it is the engine oil temperature switch which is obviously not true. i don’t have an EOT switch on my block and everything is stock as far as sensors/switches. so what’s really going on?

heres a pic of the sensor on my block.

and section 10, page 6 of the helms

oil pressure?

The one with the black boot is the ECT swtich, the green connector is the oil temp sensor, and the one prong connector is Oil pressure switch. What year is your helms for?

Here’s a link: http://www.g2ic.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1824467
And a picture: Coolant temp switch is the two pronger, as you already know.

alright so looks like the helms is wrong. my fan turns on at around 216-218. i guess the switch is bad considering its suppose to turn on at 194.

Yea you have a messed up version. I looked at BLKACKs hard copy as well as mine and they both said thermo switch. The weird thing is his is a 92 version, so it should be on the thermostat housing. Also I just looked at 93 version I have on PDF and it says engine oil temp. switch, huh.

i have no idea what version mine is. but the gs-r is included in it so id assume its at least a 92-93 version.

on the introduction page it says

first edition 8/92 1198 pages. so i assume its a 92 version. but still why the hell would they mark an ect switch as an oil temp switch??