which brand dist. cap & rotor?

When I changed my timing belt couple weeks ago, I noticed the contacts in my distributor cap are pretty corroded and since it’s been on the car for at least 100,000 miles, I need to replace it before my long road trip. Should I go for the OEM cap and rotor from the dealer, or are the more generic parts from Pep Boys etc just as good? Does the cap usually come with a new gasket? Mine disintegrated when I took my cap off. Car seems to run fine without it though.

Honda oem

• 1,000,000!

You may think OEM is expensive, but it’s worth it. I now refuse to buy non-oem stuff unless it’s the only option. I’ve had way too many non-oem stuff go bad prematurely (or even fail right out of the box).

Even on my subaru… last year had a thermostat go bad, replaced it w/ an autoparts store brand cause it was the middle of the night and I needed to get to work the next morning. Well, I didn’t make it to work because the thermostat I bought didn’t work :argh:

OEM or nothing. End of story.

Thanks. I’m convinced. OEM it is.

+1 to colin’s 1mil. a cap and rotor is actually pretty cheap (in costs) from the dealer. its a simple choice if its ur car and u wanna keep it up.

that’s why you’re getting the corrosion.

I used the Pep Boys brand of distributor cap & rotors before, the plastic is extremely cheap and cracks easily.