Car won't start and can't figure out why.

Ok, so I had my car sitting for a week and drove my other car out of town for an exam. I come back and hop in my DA, turn the key, then when I try to start her nothing happens. So if figured it could be the battery. Got a new one because the other was old and again…nothing. Checked my fuses…nothing. Checked the alternator and starter, again nothing and wasn’t expecting much because they were replaced recently anyway. So I search and find out about the PGM-FI Main Relay. Pulled it, looks fine…almost new looking actually, but did the solder trick to be absolutely sure and still nothing. All the electronics seem to be working( lights, gauges, sensors, radio) and still have that power transfer sound you hear when you turn an ignition. Its just that last click to actually turn over the engine that nothing happens. Heck I’ll even find a way to post a video if that helps anyone diagnose this. I’m going crazy trying to figure this out. I was getting ready to sell it because I need the money for school but now I see the car gods must be punishing me even though I have a guy really wanting to buy it. Please, any ideas, help, suggestions would be great. Don’t wanna sell her but I gotta pay the bills and can’t afford my daily and my just for fun DA anymore.

My guess is a bad starter, or bad connection to the starter.

If your car is a manual, try a push start or you can try “jumping” the starter.

tried a push start, nothing…can’t find my haynes manual either…stupid thing just disappeared. Will look at the starter…never heard of anyone jumping the starter though.

pull the starter out and have someone turn the key if the starter spins its just a fluke but if it doesnt get a new starter

u trying to shock the OP or something? if u remove the starter… and leave it connected by the POSITIVE cable, and the other wire… then try starting it… that is a lot of amperage going to it… but it needs a ground (which it got by being connected to the transmission. i haven’t tried that out or anything but a starter won’t work if u can’t complete the circuit.

if he’s gonna bother taking it out… he might as well take it to a local parts store and have it properly tested.

yea true…thats prolly the best bet if u want to fine out wats wrong pull the starter take it to autozone and get it tested…if its not that its a ground or relay

give it a few taps with a hammer, that usually helps

hm, sounds like the small tab that pushes the clutch switch is broken. you depress the clutch pedal but doesn’t start, right? i would check into that.