5spd trans

O.K. here goes! I just put a new clutch in my 93 teg, and drained the trans fluid, and replaced with 10-40 motor oil like it says in the book. When I push the clutch all the way to the floor and try to enguage any gear it sounds like a electric motor is going out. It did not do this before the new clutch. I was looking at the old trans oil, and after taking a wipf of it it’s gear oil… What affect will this have on it, and what needs to be done to make it stop?

Thanks Mark

Engine oil is fine, that isn’t your problem. However using engine oil is what Honda used to recommend. Since then they have updated things and now use Honda Manual Transmission Fluid. I’ve used both and never had a problem w/ either. But ever since I found out about the MTF I haven’t used regular oil.

Hard to say w/o hearing it for myself, but I’m guessing you are hearing some sort of whining? Does the sound start when you push the clutch in? Or does it start when you try to select a gear?

My first thought was maybe something to do with the throwout bearing. Did you replace it with a new one?

5spd

It starts when I try to put it in gear and stops when I take it out. It doesn’t do it with the clutch in or out, and not trying to put it in gear…