Doing Swap right now need help!

Had a b17 in a 92 RS. Bought a 93 GSR chassis and put the motor in the bay but driver side mount wont fit into the bracket. Its too wide? Thought 92-93 were all the same mounts. Help asap. Searching other forums as i type.

UPDATE 5-24: Having clutch cable problems see last post

colin mentioned once that the gsr mount is different.

The 92-93 GSR driver side mount is the same as the 90-91 rs/ls/gs driver side mount.

(which is different from the 92-93 rs/ls/gs mount)

We have a great resource now, www.acuraautomotiveparts.org I use that site not only to order parts but also as a troubleshooting aid. You can look up part numbers and see what is the same and what is different. I spend hours on that site! lol.

really? thats interesting thanks.

i dont understand why it would be different though…

honda just wanted to be different, i guess. maybe they were trying out a new design for 94? who knows!

I know the part #'s for the GSR and 90-91 are the same but one is filled with hydraulic and the other is not. So will the 90-91 driver side mount be the same length? Need to make sure so i wont be wasting money.

And I am looking to buy a 90-91 integra driver side motor mount and bolts please

[QUOTE=TegFan;2026084]I know the part #'s for the GSR and 90-91 are the same but one is filled with hydraulic and the other is not. So will the 90-91 driver side mount be the same length? Need to make sure so i wont be wasting money.

And I am looking to buy a 90-91 integra driver side motor mount and bolts please[/QUOTE]

If the part numbers are the same, then they parts are IDENTICAL. How could one be filled with “hydraulic” (whatever the hell that means) and the other not? If that was the case they would be different, and thus have different part numbers.

read that somewhere in the archives. Any physical difference between the two?

I guess i have to replace the mounting bracket on the head to be able to use the 90-91 rubber mount since i had a 92-93 mount on… :confused:

90-91 Driver side motor Mount

92-93 Driver side motor mount

92-93 mount.jpg

90-91 mount.jpg

mount bracket on the engine is the same. that bracket only needs to be changed if you’re using a newer engine from something like a DC. In regard to DA’s it’s only the mount itself which is different.

:search::sucks::repost:

:umno::stfu: I even said in my first post i was searching as i posted…

[QUOTE=TegFan;2026778]90-91

92-93

[/QUOTE]

that 92-93 mount looks nothing like my mount from my DB2 b17 at all…not did the one that came off the b16 that came out of another db2…mine looked like the 90-91 style you are showing there

Well you didn’t search very hard. There’s a thread on second page of this sub-forum that I replied in and posted part numbers, plus the other four + threads I’ve posted in before. From now on anytime I see a thread about mounts I’m just going to post that smile face, search search search!

Have you even read the thread?

UPDATE 5-24: Does a clutch pedal that sticks to the floor mean the clutch cable is broken or need an adjustment? I have the cable connected to the release arm and adjusted it all the way out and all the way in but the pedal still falls to the floor as if nothing were connected.

Already checked under to see if cable was connected and it still is…

There is something like “mounting points” (sorry, can’t find a better phrase) on the firewall and on the transmission assembly on which you thread the clutch cable through before you hook the ends up either to the clutch release lever or the pedal. Did you do that? The mounting point on the transmission end is pretty obvious - it’s hard not to miss. It’s the one on the pedal end that’s a bit tricky since you can’t see it. Somehow threading the cable through the firewall doesn’t automatically mean that the cable has gone through the mounting point. You have to check that it did since the natural reaction when you see/feel that cable loop sticking out of the firewall is to connect it to the pedal arm.

thanks i will check that out. Also to get the cable on to the release arm i had to pull the cable a bit to be able to loop it through the bracket. Could that have been a problem?