Exhaust Problems

Hi everyone i got this massive issue with my exhaust. I got a 1993 integra RS and i start my car and it makes this sound like there is pieces inside of my exhaust all rumbling around. This noise gets very loud as i rev up past around 3 thousand rpm’s. I dont know what is causing this it seems like it doesnt effect my power just makes these loud nasty metal sounds. Any help would be greatly appreciate thanks.

if anyone can help please let me know this problem is getting progresivley worse.

metal to metal sound - check your heatshields. It’s probably from around your cat.

Should i replace the cat? also if it is the heat shields are they easy to replace?

for a temp fix on mine I bought metal bands to wrap around the cat heatshield.

That’s assuming that it’s the heatshield on your cat that’s making noise. They usually rust pretty easily.

There looks like there is alot of rust on them i went out and bought a new cat should i also replace these? were could i purchase them?

don’t worry about it - if you take the old cat off, the heat shields will go with it.

try to move the exhaut around light hit/push up and see if it hits the heatshield or something. if no heat shield is makeing the sound. then its probably the inside of the cat broken in pieces