X

vibration in steerimg wheel

Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vibration in steerimg wheel

Just recently my 92 LS 1.8, started giving a vibration in the steering wheel when I accelerate but when I push the clutch in it goes away. It does not do it all the time. Also it sounds as though the wheels are hitting in the wheel well. It started happening once it started getting cold here in Southern California. Last Sat. I took it to Sears to have them take a look at it and they said it was a problem with the clutch. When I drove the car from Sears it was driving fine. I took it AAMCO and they said it may be a engine problem. They could not get the problem to occur. The car has 132,000 miles and I had a rebuilt transmission installed at 122,000 and the clutch changed at AAMCO. The car also has brand new axles that were installed when the transmission was replaced. The car has new struts to. One of my friends said maybe the engine mounts need to changed. Once again it does not happen all the time. When it does happen the vibration does go away when I push the clutch in. Any help is appreciated. Luckly I have another vehicle I can drive until I find out what the problem may be. Thanks for any help in advance

Could it be the transmission mounts?

Comment

make sure they got you're transmission bolted on right. they might have misaligned something when they bolted it up.

Comment

If it only happens when you accelerate it could be the inner CV joints on your axles. Could be defective or premature wear.

Comment

Mine vibrates only when the car is idleing. Not when the car is driving..

Comment

Axles for the vibration.

You should check your shocks for the "hitting the fenderwell" sound.

Comment

Working...
            X