What is this sensor...? PIC included...

Do i need this sensor/solenoid? It appears to have a wire harness on it too. The solenoid/sensor is on the drivers side of the two (right side in picture) and is the one im questioning about. Thanks! I no longer use the one on the passenger side, im in the process of doing a wire tuck and getting most of my engine bay completly stripped.
Look for the lime green arrows
Thanks again!

anyone

i believe that is the map sensor

This is a quick search and all I could come up with…

Part # 8 - VALVE ASSY.
Part # 9 - VALVE ASSY.
Part # 10 - SENSOR ASSY., MAP

So, what exactly is the valve assembly? Lol I don’t know. But I figured maybe this’d help a little bit?.. :slight_smile: I can tell you you won’t get far w/o the map sensor :wink:

– Kevin

If I remeber correctly, it has something to do with the fuel system. Some sort of solenoid for the fuel vapor canister. Don’t quote me on it though, I will look it up for you tomorrow once I go through my Haynes.

I had my vacumn line going to the MAP sensor off for a bit(accidentally, of course), ran like a fucking two-stroke …

Yeah you definately need that hooked up or your car pretty much won’t run… the ecu will go into “limp” mode and run off throttle position… Basically you’ll run rich and like crap. i threw a map sensor code when my safc didn’t keep the ecu from reading boost…car would barely drive and idled at like 300rpm hella rich.

Looks like what he’s pointing at is the fual solenoid. not the map sensor correct? the fuel one is in the middle of the three. Map sensor is the one on far right. Anyways if it is the fuel one you are talknig about, No you do not need it, you can take it out and run your vacuum line from teh FPR directly to the IM

GLad to see some action in my thread now. I need to know…according to that diagram…what #8 is! and do i need it? i wanna try and get everything i can out of my engine bay.

as I just said, no you do not need it. just reruna new vacuum line and skip the solenoid. I don’t “think” you will throw any kinda of CEL. I’m saying this cause I notice there is a harness connected to it.

thanks mang. id like to see what others have to say, there is a harness, so i say it has some importance.

Well 89-91 civic Si’s had the sensor eetc on the firewall like ours but did not have the middle sensor you are talknig about. and that comes like that stock.

Okay I just looked upt he helms manual. my bad, taht is not for teh FPT, that is the one fro your charcoal canistor under yourt Fuel filter. the sensor on the far left is for the FPR

Those 2 valves are Evap purge Solenoids. They are necessary for venting the Charcoal fuel vapor canister. I figured you would want to know what they are called.

Alan

Only 1 of the valves are for the chrcoal canistor. the other one is for the FPR

okay, well they both vent fuel vapors from the system. The black round thing on top is the filter.

Alan

i think i read that one of them goes to teh fuel pressure regulator ro hold pressure for hot start ups… and the other is for the EVAP purge…

thats the map sensor

i am quite engine smart, so i am not referring to the map sensor. I basically want to know if i can totally unplug and remove those 2 valve assemblies pictured in that diagram #8 and #9

ok ive looked at it in helms because i was woundering to it is the EVAP purge control solenoid valve, you can diconnect it and get rid of the charcol canister too you will need to put a cap on the vac. port from the im its the bottom one of the 2 small ones, then cap off the tb port also from the canister to the throttle body, it will be the one closest to the fire wall, BTW if you care you may not pass emmissions