Change In Idle RPM's

Just got my first Teg, so i’m a newb when it comes to everything, but anywho…
When I start my teg it idles fine, but after it warms up the idle get’s extremely low and the car almosts dies. I also notice a delayed reaction to the throttle when the car is warm also??? any suggestions ?
:shrug: if you know a lot and would like to help a new comer out some…my email is chad_wt@sbcglobal.net I will have a lot of questions!

first thing is to check your timing and idle speed adjustment. look in the teg tips to see how to time your car. But first adjust your idle speed, its the 1/4 inch wide gold screw the faces horizontally to the passenger side from your throttle body. Loosen out to increase idle speed.

rpms

thanks, I’ll try when weather improves…cold as crap right now
:ghetto:

Question about idle

I’ve had an idle problem in my 91 ls for about 4 months now and it’s REALLLY strating to annoy me. OK, I’ll start my car in the morning and let it warm up and it idles fine at 1500. Then then it warms up and the idle drops to about 800 like it’s suppost to…then i drive it a bit and the idle starts jumping between 700 to 1800 when not in gear, and it either revvs really fast or it will sit at 1800 and then drop to 800 and then back up to 1200 or so. The car drives perfect and runs strong…just too strong.

Anyway what the hell would cause this?..I fixed all vaccum leaks and ajusted the idle but i got nothing. Could it be and O2 Sensor or maybe the idler control valve?

leaky intake manifold gasket or throttle body gasket

That’s pretty easy and cheap…i’ll try that out tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Thanks for the info. :rockon:

And keep the other ideas coming in case this isn’t it.

I have the same problem. I searched the forums and found out it could be that the iacv (intake air control valve) is dirty. So I went ahead and clean it following the intruction I found in a thread. It improved the condition, but didn’t fix the problem entirely. My idle rpm sometimes still fluctuate from 800-300 when first start driving after warm up, but not all the time. Plus, when the idle rpm does fluctuate, it only last few minutes and then it’ll stay constant @ about 800. So, cleaning the iacv is a good start. I’m also gonna clean the throttle body soon. A friend told me that could be the problem. I’ll let you guys know if that is the problem or not after I clean it.

Well the new gasket didn’t fix anything so now i’m thinking that i should just replace the idler control valve…how much do those usually run?